Carrots Good for weight loss?

Options
I'm eatting a whole bag of small carrots.. are they alright to eat? I mean it's a lot better than what I've been eatting

Replies

• jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yep, veggies rock!!!! Eat away!
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd still try and count the calories, but a bag of carrots is alot better than that same amount of chips or fries or what have you. So if it fits in your allowance go for it!
  • heartransplants
    Options
    Carrots are good for so many reasons. Eat away!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Watch the sugar content though. I think their sugar content is high.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    No, their sugar IS FiNE.
    What you should do is put on ignore anyone that tells you to watch the sugar content of vegetables. Such a person knows nothing about nutrition or is just cray cray.

carrot_snickers.jpg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's a great thing to snack on. All that fibre will keep you full for a while.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with it...

But you should mix it up a bit.. add other colors of veggies.. or your fingertips will turn orange.. that's the truth.. it happened to me. lol.

But nutritionally? Nah. They're good for you..

Get those bags of snacking peppers with the small yellow, red and orange peppers in it? They are so good and easy to transport. They have snacking cucumbers too. Just as easy to take to work.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    a whole bag of baby carrots is only like 150 calories. eat up
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    They're fine. Munch away, and log them accurately in your diary. I eat tons of baby carrots. They're great.
  • djames92
    Options
    They're fine. Munch away, and log them accurately in your diary. I eat tons of baby carrots. They're great.
    try them with pb2 sooo good
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Know what else is okay for fat loss? Ice cream - I usually eat a serving a day.

The point is: everything is okay provided you are hitting your calorie goals.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I do NOT approve of this addendum. PB2 tastes like peanut flavored dirt, and when you mix it with water it's peanut flavored mud, lol. :laugh:
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I switched from eating Pita chips to baby carrots with my hummus and it is so good! Today I read a post on facebook about baby carrots being "soaked" in chlorine while processing, but this article says that this is just an exaggeration. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/12/11/the-truth-about-baby-carrots/
  • djames92
    Options

I do NOT approve of this addendum. PB2 tastes like peanut flavored dirt, and when you mix it with water it's peanut flavored mud, lol. :laugh:
    well i mix pb2 with vanilla extract and a little sugar and it tastes pretty good
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Crunchy veggies help me sometimes when I'm craving a bag of Humpty Dumpty ringalos
    Just track, meet your macros and enjoy! They're good for you!

There is even 1 gram of protein in a cup of carrots!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Seriously? >.>

I mean... really?

Come on! ><
  • xmradio123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I heard some people say they aren't the best option. I really appreciate all your feedback. Feel free to add me to motivational support.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Carrots are awesome; they're my go-to vegetable. I used to eat Green Giant baby-cut carrots, but they tasted... chemicular? So I switched to whole carrots (Green Giant as well; I'm not brand-hating) and peel them and eat 'em raw.