Hommemade, Healthy Buleberry Pancakes Recipe

Options
hptgetskinny
hptgetskinny Posts: 15 Member
Makes: 10 pancakes

For my family a --->serving was 3 pancakes<--- with one left over for who ever wanted it.

The calories for 3 pancakes was 244. This was with substituting an egg for Egg Beaters, regular milk with light soy milk, and sugar with an artificial sweetener, in my case Splenda. If you use different then the calories will go up. You can also change the servings up depending on how many people are eating.

These taste great! And they are healthy for you! They are actual REAL pancakes! Not the junk from a box. And based on personal experience with eating these.. They are very filling. I had them at about 8:30 and wasn't hungry until lunch. Which I think is GREAT! I didn't feel the need to snack at all!

Ingredients:

-1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 egg (I used EGG BEATERS)
-1 cup milk, plus more if necessary (I had to use 1 and 1/2 cups of LIGHT SOY MILK)
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (I used SPLENDA)
-1/2 cup blueberries

Directions

1. In separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder, set aside.

2. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in another bowl.

3. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir. Be gentle so you don't break the blueberries. If you don't nothing bad .will happen, it just makes a somewhat blue pancake. (Could be fun for kids. I've done this before, still tastes great!)

4 .Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.

5.Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake.

6. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.

Tips:

You may need to use more milk than 1 cup. The batter should be thin enough so that it pours, but not so thin that it's runny. When making mine I found that 1/2 a cup additional milk is about the maximum needed.

I topped it off with some sugar free syrup and 0 cal butter.

Hope you like these! Me and my family did!

Replies