Please talk me out of the Entenmann's box

Options
Kath712
Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
Last weekend, DH's dad was here for a visit. As a treat when Pop Pop comes, we get an Entenmann's Ultimate Crumb Cake. Well, I don't know what I was thinking, and I had my two little girls with me, but I bought TWO crumb cakes! Not only that, but my 3 year old talked me into buying a bag of mini powdered donuts! Pop Pop went home on Monday, so we have a WHOLE crumb cake and several donuts left. My little girls can only eat so much. And DH just left for a business trip.

I don't even want to read the label to see the calories and fat in the crumb cake. I know one mini donut has like 60-some calories. PLEASE talk me out of eating the rest of this crumb cake and bag of donuts! Any ideas on resisting the temptation in my own kitchen? Thanks!

Replies

• dbjones04
    dbjones04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Throw them away. That always works for me.
  • nschaaf
    nschaaf Posts: 1
    Options
    I know it is wasteful, but throw it away! If it's not there, you can't eat it.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    think of how disgusting you'll feel if you eat that crap!
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Sometimes willpower isn't enough, and you just have to get rid of it. No shame in that.
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm not sure, but will they freeze? I know I've frozen birthday cake before. And, I'm always putting something in the freezer! Out of sight will be the best thing for you. And, since this is not a "diet" but a lifestyle change, take a little piece before you freeze it! (With birthday cake, it doesn't freeze "solid" so cut the crumb cake before you freeze it. When your girls want a taste, you have pre-cut pieces for them -- just a little cold!)

After it's in the freezer, take your girls and go shopping for some "good stuff"! I got my boys hooked on frozen grapes! :) (Just clean the grapes and put them in a freezer bag or container.) Surprisingly, they aren't frozen like ice cubes when you try to eat them.

Hope this helps!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I agree but next visit send left overs home with Pop Pop
  • Duneroller
    Duneroller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I need to talk myself out of a food, reading the label usually does it for me.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just think about all the hard work that you put in to losing what you have so far!!!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    think of how disgusting you'll feel if you eat that crap!
    Dude, I feel good after I eat that crap. :laugh:
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Put it in the freezer. It won't go to waste, and you're not likely to eat it straight out of the freezer because it will be hard to cut.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Can you send it to work with someone??? After my holiday party, I had a ton of candy and truffles and crap around my house that I didn't want, so I packed up a box and shipped it off to my dad's office. He said they loved it and the stuff was gone within a day.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Throw it away! I know what you are going through. I tossed out 4 peanut blossom cookies (these are peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the center) last night because they were looking at me with their little chocolate eye:laugh: and I felt weak.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You should throw it way in the OUTDOOR big garbage can, not the one in your kitchen. I've been known to throw something away in the little can in the kitchen and if it is still in the container, go back and eat it! No way would I do that from the big outdoor garbage bin!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...Send it to me :) JK
  • tigger2009
    Options
    I would give it away to neighbors or just throw it away. I make a choc cake last weekend as I was craving it and brought the rest to work on Monday.
  • Chasie
    Chasie Posts: 8
    Options
    Throw them away but be sure to take them out of the box and let them get all dirty and icky in the trash or you may get tempted to go back to the box. My friend told me to tell yourself, "I know what they taste like, I've had them before so I don't need to try them". And seriously, what's one gonna do for you? We all know you'll end up eating the whole box so dispose of them! And good luck and great job on your progress this far!:smile:
  • rells
    rells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi This maybe to late now. Looking at what is in them was a good idea. Yes freeze them and step away from the kitchen. Go and remind yourself of why you started to want to be a new slimmer you. Maybe go and look in the mirror and say NO GIRL! yOU Will feel bad when the family come home and ask if there's any left and you had eaten it. Good Luck :)
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Throw it away! I know what you are going through. I tossed out 4 peanut blossom cookies (these are peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the center) last night because they were looking at me with their little chocolate eye:laugh: and I felt weak.

LOL, hilarious. Damn cookies and their chocolate eyes...
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Don't throw them away----crumble up the cake and throw it in the yard for the birds. They need to eat too =]
  • hknecht
    hknecht Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yum! Those cakes and donuts are good. You could have one piece and either take it to work or put it in the freezer for another time.

Look at the label and figure out how long it would take you to burn it off. That might put it back in perspective. Good Luck!