What kind of chicken!??!

Options
Helly86
Helly86 Posts: 41 Member
Hiya, just wondered if anyone has good ideas for my dinner? I got frozen chicen breast with some potatoes and carrots for side. I have a rather empty fridge with just about spread and garlic! I also have milk and alot of herbs!
Any suggestions would be great, my mind can't think of anything adventurous and yummy to have for my dinner :-(

Thanks

Helen
xxx

Replies

• Helly86
    Options
    Can you get low cal stuffed chicken!?! lol

Helen
    #xxx
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    http://www.supercook.com/ Try this website! You enter your ingredients and it gives you recipe ideas!

Here is an example of what it gives for the items you listed:

123 Chicken
    Recipe #187606 | 1¼ hours | 20 min prep
    | Edit...
    My Notes:

My Notes
    ONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.

Save NoteCancel

(4) RATE IT NOW Print Recipe
    Your review has been submitted for approval and will appear shortly.

By: kathanover
    Sep 26, 2006

Easy chicken with carrots and potatoes. Anyone can do this recipe and it is healthy.
    SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Change to: Servings US Metric
    1 2 3 4 5 clear stars

Write a Review! (optional)

SubmitCancel
    Ingredients
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2-3 medium potatoes
    2-3 carrots, peeled
    Italian dressing
    Directions
    1Preheat the oven to 425F.
    2Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil.
    3Lay the chicken inside.
    4Cut the potatoes into cubes and the carrots at an angle for faster cooking. Lay the carrots and potatoes in the baking pan around the chicken wherever there is space.
    5Pour the dressing over the entire pan of chicken and vegetables making sure the chicken gets well coated.
    6Add about a 1/8 of cup of water around the edges of the pan; cover tightly with foil and bake 40-45 minutes at 425°F.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    You can put it all together in a roasting pan with some garlic, butter, and herbs and throw it in the oven for awhile.
  • Helly86
    Options
    sounds perfect!! i feel like stuffing something in the oven and leaving to cook!
    That websites sounds very handy! Will be bookmarking it for future nights when i dont know what to cook!
    Its hard finding something good to cook, otherwise i just snack on junk food or unhealthy easy meals!

Cheers girls

Helen
    xXx
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Here's a new recipe to try:

This is a little more labor intensive when you have the time:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1891915

It came from my cooking light magazine:

Can be made one day ahead...it had 11 good reviews 4/5 stars

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Caramelized spring Onions and Thyme
    1 breast with 2 teaspoons sauce is Calories 274, Fat 9.5, Protein 39.3, Carb 6.6, Fiber 2.2, Chol 105mg, Iron 2.8, Sodium 530 and Calcium 123mg

Not quit sure what I will serve it with; but, here's their suggustion: polenta and broccolini

I have never had polenta; so, that will be the new food I try this week.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here's a new recipe to try:

This is a little more labor intensive when you have the time:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1891915

It came from my cooking light magazine:

Can be made one day ahead...it had 11 good reviews 4/5 stars

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Caramelized spring Onions and Thyme
    1 breast with 2 teaspoons sauce is Calories 274, Fat 9.5, Protein 39.3, Carb 6.6, Fiber 2.2, Chol 105mg, Iron 2.8, Sodium 530 and Calcium 123mg

Not quit sure what I will serve it with; but, here's their suggustion: polenta and broccolini

I have never had polenta; so, that will be the new food I try this week.

I am going to make this!!
  • Helly86
    Options
    I've never heard of polenta!!! i need to get out more!! xxx