finding it hard to jump back on the wagon ...

Options
Came home last night after almost a month in hospital and noticed I have gained 5lbs! Finding it terribly difficult to jump back on the wagon! :/ anyone got any tips?

Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. I am trying to get back on too.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating healthy and gained 13 pounds. I lost 7 of those pounds again fairly easy, but I'm still discouraged that I even let it happen. I'm sure you'll get those 5 pounds off soon, you always have a perfect looking diary!!
  • refinnej2
    Options
    You just have to do it! Maybe start simply with your calories and hitting the 1200. I gained weight over the holidays and once I buckled back down it is coming off pretty easily. Have faith in yourself!!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You just came home from the hospital last night? I would not say it was hard to jump on the wagon yet; jeez, give yourself a break. One day at a time. Weight is not going to just fall off, no matter what happens. Just keep plugging along, and it works. I hope all is well health wise soon.
  • tigar_lilee
    Options
    Same issue here, I dove off the wagon head first at Christmas and told myself I would get right back on and I've been having a super hard time catching up to the wagon.... which seems to have left me in dust with an extra 8 pounds to keep me company.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Me to!!!!!

I hate that. A year and a half ago I dropped 50 pounds and then the holidays hit and I gained 30 back. I have spent the past six months regretting the slip and trying to "get back on it"

I find that I am having a lot of trouble staying motivated... not sure why

And I am sometimes thinking about what a waste of time it is to try and getting frustrated that I have to lose this weight again!

Sometimes I feel like I have 20-30 pound weight swings.
  • tigar_lilee
    Options
    I always say I'm like Oprah, I can gain and loose 50 pounds when I sneeze! LOL, not really funny, super unhealthy, but hey you have to laugh at things sometimes. I go from Super motivated to "I don't care" really quick. I wish I could find a "healthy" medium level.