What workout DVD to invest in? 20ish pounds to lose.

Options
Hey everyone! I'm interested in getting back in shape and having more confidence about my lower body. I'm a student and find that video work is the most convenient for me. Can anyone recommend a program? I've used BBL before and was recently looking into TF.

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90Day is good, similar to P90X but a LOT less $$$ ($20 or less on Amazon & the instructor is not as annoying as the P90X guy). I also enjoy The FIRM workouts, Get Chisel'd is a FANTASTIC combo of strength & cardio. If you enjoy combos (several workouts on 1 DVD), look into GAIAM 5 Day Fit workouts, I have 5 Day Fit Trouble Zones and 5 Day Fit Abs - there are a couple workouts on each I don't really enjoy, but there are 2 or 3 on each that are really great.
  • mikedao
    mikedao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? There's a ton of stuff on Netflix Streaming.I'd suggest browsing and seeing if there were any there that worked for you!
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 seem to work really fast and quick. I lost 5kg (11pounds) in the first 10 days of doing 30DS its really effective if you can stick to it!

Search 30 Day Shred on the MFP forums and check out some peoples results :)
  • coderun
    coderun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Bob Harper DVDs. I check out workout DVDs from the library to see if I'll like them before I buy them.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do? That might help us narrow it down a bit!
    Many people are going to recommend P90X, Insanity, Jillian Michaels.....
    I personally love Les Mills workouts (Body Pump, Body Step, Body Combat and Attack)
  • EvaD12
    EvaD12 Posts: 49
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 is great! Turbo Fire are also pretty good as well.
  • cmkme
    cmkme Posts: 11
    Options
    One of my favorite workout DVDs is Denise Austin Power Zone, because it's part yoga, part pilates and part dance. It's not a heavy duty workout but it's definitely a great pick-me-up.
  • carrieirowland
    carrieirowland Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'm not incredibly coordinated, so I kind of struggle with dancey things. My boyfriend has seen some really wonderful results with Insanity, but it looks a little too, um, insane for me.
  • jdcurti
    Options
    I really like Turbo Fire and Zumba. You don't have to be good at either of them, you just have to keep moving and you will get better and they work!
  • PinkRhythm428
    PinkRhythm428 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 8 of the Supreme 90 Day workout and I love the program. I think I will actually make it to the 90th day with this one. It's challenging and it uses muscle confusion. I've already had results on the annoying muffin tops. They're going away rather quickly! There's even a nutritional part of the challenge, though I'm not doing that because it's too hard to cook for myself and two young children do that, but I have taken suggestions and incorporated it into my daily life. It's hard, but it's worth it.
  • minikhan95
    minikhan95 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred hands down! It's affordable and also on Youtube I believe. Our gym has a class designed to work through it! It literally is a great way to challenge yourself and shed/trim the unwanted fat! :)

Oh and I believe the DVD says you can lose up to 20 lbs.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for Turbo Fire or any of the Turbo family of dvds. I started with Turbo Jam that I borrowed from my library because I didn't want to shell out money for something I didn't enjoy or could do. It's a great intro to the turbo family of products because it's slower than Turbo Fire but uses many similar moves so you can get the hang of them before moving on.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Find stuff free on YouTube! I haven't bought anything and I've done several.

One great channel is BeFit (and the ones here are uploaded with permission - you can find lots of others posted that are technically copyright violations). Another is FitnessBlender, also uploaded by owner.

You can do the whole 30DS on YouTube, and a bunch of others, too. I've been looking at Fit in 90 on BeFit's YouTube channel, that's a different workout every day for 90 days. No celebrities, but it looks good. http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Another vote for anything Turbo. I'm uncoordinated too but was able to pick up the moves. (And, as Chalene says, "mistakes burn calories too.") Start out with Turbo Jam, you can get a used copy of the 5-workout DVD for a reasonable price on Amazon. Once you have the moves down you can move on to Turbo Fire.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? There's a ton of stuff on Netflix Streaming.I'd suggest browsing and seeing if there were any there that worked for you!

Where are you finding the fitness stuff on Netflix? I used to do some Crunch & 10-Min Solutions workouts but suddenly they were gone from our queue & I can't find them. I've searched every way I can think & nothing comes up (we run Netflix through AppleTV, not sure if that's the issue...??)
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i'm almost done with week 8 of p90x and absolutely looooove it! a year ago, when i started getting serious about exercising more, i would do different workouts that were on the cable on demand channel. its a great way to try out a program before actually buying it.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone DVDs are great low impact and u don't need any coordination look her up on you tube before buying DVDs.