Beware I may eat you!

Options
I ate everything that was in the house today. :sick: Handful of this handful of that, a bite of this, a taste of that. Ugg, now I feel sick. I quit counting. I ate things I don't even like for peat sake. Its no wonder that skinny girl is still inside of me, she is waiting for a friend to come join her. I wonder how many cals I burned while my hand was going to my mouth over and over.
Is there anyone else that has had a day like this.
I wish I knew why and how to stop them.:mad:

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Don't keep things that trigger your binges in the house.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

^ This! Find your triggers and get rid of them!

Thank you for the thread title, though, it's awesome! I know that feeling, I do!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I 2nd not keeping binge triggers in the home... My house is nothing but what I need to eat, very rare treats. Now my mom's house... completely different story ha... It's tough to do but you might have to clean out the things that get you munching and put good things to munch on up in there. <3
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Yep.. I got rid of everything except my kids snacks.. and I don't eat that stuff it's gross. If I want to snack I have to make something or eat veggies or fruit or actually leave the house to go get it (which i'm too lazy to do). I do have my one bag of chocolate in my baking cabinet and I have skinny cow for those "gotta have ice cream" days.. but everything else is healthy.

Honestly.. once you *really* embrace this as a new way of life rather than a diet.. you'll do better.

Also.. if you figure out what it is you are craving.. you might be able to satisfy it with something healthy rather then junky. I mean sometimes you just gotta have a cupcake.. but usually it's just the sweetness you want and a tsp of honey in some tea will do the trick or if you want sugar an orange can cover it or if you want salt make your own baked potato or kale chips and salt the crap out of them.. Also.. i find then when I'm "grazing" I'm either thirsty or actually hungry.. so i do my water trick and if I still want to nosh on something I actually eat. Usually does the trick.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try the honey or orange next time. I did try an apple but then it was on to a handful of Cheerios, chocolate chips, ect.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So you fell off the wagon today... get back on and start again tomorrow.

33678285.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ghette
    Options
    So you fell off the wagon today... get back on and start again tomorrow.

33678285.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    I will, but right now I just want to puke!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I feel like this (and occasionally give in to this, but less often these days) either one or two days before my period starts.

In addition to the need to eat anything not sufficently attached to a stucture of some sort, I can also manage surly and weepy at the same time.

For 24 hours a month, I'm insane. And I'm an insane person who eats stuff.

Now that I recognise that I'm better at controlling it.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    I ate everything that was in the house today. :sick: Handful of this handful of that, a bite of this, a taste of that. Ugg, now I feel sick. I quit counting. I ate things I don't even like for peat sake. Its no wonder that skinny girl is still inside of me, she is waiting for a friend to come join her. I wonder how many cals I burned while my hand was going to my mouth over and over.
    Is there anyone else that has had a day like this.
    I wish I knew why and how to stop them.:mad:

That was me yesterday....ugh not a pretty feeling...i'm still bloated and have stomach pain. We move on, lets stay healthy and eat in moderation...we can do it!!!!
  • Ghette
    Options
    I feel like this (and occasionally give in to this, but less often these days) either one or two days before my period starts.

In addition to the need to eat anything not sufficently attached to a stucture of some sort, I can also manage surly and weepy at the same time.

For 24 hours a month, I'm insane. And I'm an insane person who eats stuff.

Now that I recognise that I'm better at controlling it.

I'll have to watch for this I just started mine, maybe I pig out every month at this time.
    Thanks for commenting
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No worries. Honestly once I made the connection I found I could (sometimes) talk myself down.

Sometimes though, while being weepy and surly and listening to the same crappy sad song over and over that I don't even like, I say screw it and just eat anything. Everything. All of it. Cause it's just one day a month.

I only mention because your original post is exactly what I do - graze constantly on stuff I don't even normally like.
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could acknowlege that you are going to binge and go off plan occasionally by planning for it. Buy something
    you like that is still healthy and won't ruin you day, but is still tasty. Baked chips versus fried. Dark chocolate versus milk. And
    put it somewhere out of the way. On top of the kitchen cabinets or under the bathroom sink or have your spouse/child hide it. You know, somewhere you'll have to work to get to. That way you'll have time to talk to yourself and ask if you really need to binge NOW, or maybe just take a walk instead. :smile:

I think I may need to follow my own advice! Thanks for posting because it's great reading what others are doing, too.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I get a case of the "eats"!!! Try to figure out what it is that's triggering it....is there some reason you're anxious? (A doctor appointment coming up? meeitng at work? meeting someone for lunch?) or some reason that you're stressing? (It's freaking cold outside and everyone has the flu....) or whatever....that's usually some of my stress things or things that make me anxious. Then there's hormones and TOM. Happy, sad, tired, bord, hot, cold, sunny, raining, snowing, windy, not enough wind, humid, dry, hey that guy cut me off, did anyone else see that deer, I wonder if there are any other deer around here, I wonder what other critters are around here, I wonder if they ever stress about eating, wait, did I just pass my exit, how long have I been zoning while driving, wonder what I'm going to do about dinner.....

Anyway - try to figure out what's bugging you and see if there's some way to handle it or somehting you can do about it - OR if you really are craving something specific and eating the house down trying to avoid that something.....sometimes it's better to go ahead and have the cheesecake than to eat everything else in sight - by that time you might as well have had the cheesecake and gotten it over with! LOL

For what it's worth....
  • Ghette
    Options
    I hate it when I get a case of the "eats"!!! Try to figure out what it is that's triggering it....is there some reason you're anxious? (A doctor appointment coming up? meeitng at work? meeting someone for lunch?) or some reason that you're stressing? (It's freaking cold outside and everyone has the flu....) or whatever....that's usually some of my stress things or things that make me anxious. Then there's hormones and TOM. Happy, sad, tired, bord, hot, cold, sunny, raining, snowing, windy, not enough wind, humid, dry, hey that guy cut me off, did anyone else see that deer, I wonder if there are any other deer around here, I wonder what other critters are around here, I wonder if they ever stress about eating, wait, did I just pass my exit, how long have I been zoning while driving, wonder what I'm going to do about dinner.....

Anyway - try to figure out what's bugging you and see if there's some way to handle it or somehting you can do about it - OR if you really are craving something specific and eating the house down trying to avoid that something.....sometimes it's better to go ahead and have the cheesecake than to eat everything else in sight - by that time you might as well have had the cheesecake and gotten it over with! LOL

For what it's worth....

I think I may have eaten that deer last night :laugh:
    I feel better this morning and i'm on track. I hope it holds true for the day. :smile:
    I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss. That's truly amazing to have lost 111 pounds!
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    argh, I'm totally at that time of the month and I want to eat pizza like nobody's business!! If I want cake, I have to make it, which means I have to have the ingredients on hand. I try really hard to not have the ingredients on hand. But yeah, sometimes you just have to go with it, have a serving and see how you feel. Then get back on track the next day.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    In!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    thinking of a song from an off broadway musical... Bare. the line that got me is ' guilty of swallowing Jenny Craig whole. "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvBd8tHTBUs
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    OMG; I've done that so many times! But I'm still working at changing my habits and these crazy caterpillar gnawing her way through the kitchen episodes are becoming shorter and longer times between.

Hang in there; don't give up over one bad day!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Been there! I am still tempted to nibble now that my carbs are lower - I just fill up my water bottle and walk the hell out of the kitchen. It is hard, but we are responsible for our own actions. Learn from the sick feeling you are experiencing. :-)
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    OP, you are not alone. I have gone completely crazy and eaten every healthy item in my home. Sometimes it's not "trigger" food or even bad food. I can eat too much chicken breast & veggies, wash it down with a 14oz glass of skim milk, and then 3 bananas for dessert. That will leave you totally stuffed and miserable too. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure the "binge" days will ever really go away. We just have to get better at recovering from them. I'm sure I can do it and you can too.

:flowerforyou: