Not-quite-thread worthy Questions Thread

Options
Hey guys! I think having a thread like this would be a great idea: just a place to ask a single question that isn't quite worthy of it's own thread.

Post your questions here!

Replies

• deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My contribution: what do you guys do in scenarios in which you misjudge how many calories you've eaten already in the day, but still have a meal or two left to go. I've already worked out today and burning more calories is just not an option (I'm at work). So what do I do in situations like this where I've already met my calorie goal but will undoubtedly be hungry come "dinner".
  • suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    Is it advisable to cut down on the water when its that time of the month? I normally drink 3 to 4 litres! Its very hot here where I live so that kind of water is easy to drink......just worried about fluid retention
  • deceived1
    Options
    Bump before I go and cry in the corner because of my stupid thread idea! (Could really use an answer to that question though :tongue:)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you're trying to distract yourself from wanting to eat?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Oh, and in response to your question: You either suck it up, or you eat, even if it means going over your calories. As far as I know, there really are no other options.
  • deceived1
    Options
    What do you do when you're trying to distract yourself from wanting to eat?

Have you tried chewing gum, throwing back some water, or brushing your teeth? They all seem to help me a lot.
  • deceived1
    Options
    Oh, and in response to your question: You either suck it up, or you eat, even if it means going over your calories. As far as I know, there really are no other options.

It's okay for my body to suck it up and not eat anything else, right?
  • jennifer_417
    Options

It's okay for my body to suck it up and not eat anything else, right?

Well, you've gotten your calories for the day, so, assuming you're not diabetic or hypoglycemic, then I would think so.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Is it advisable to cut down on the water when its that time of the month? I normally drink 3 to 4 litres! Its very hot here where I live so that kind of water is easy to drink......just worried about fluid retention

NOOO Drink more! Or at least the same. You bloat from your body retaining water, but if you keep drinking more, you pee it out! This is how I avoid bloating.
  • ashlinmarie
    Options
    My contribution: what do you guys do in scenarios in which you misjudge how many calories you've eaten already in the day, but still have a meal or two left to go. I've already worked out today and burning more calories is just not an option (I'm at work). So what do I do in situations like this where I've already met my calorie goal but will undoubtedly be hungry come "dinner".

I eat! I try to have a lighter lunch/dinner if possible. Usually I have extra calories for the week anyway because I hate eating back my exercise calories (makes me feel sick). Plus, if you're already eating at a deficit, eating at your TDEE or at maintenance or higher even for one day won't kill you.
  • deceived1
    Options

I eat! I try to have a lighter lunch/dinner if possible. Usually I have extra calories for the week anyway because I hate eating back my exercise calories (makes me feel sick). Plus, if you're already eating at a deficit, eating at your TDEE or at maintenance or higher even for one day won't kill you.

Cool! I guess that's true - forgot that my suggested calorie intake is based on trying to lose wait not maintain. Thanks :happy:
  • ashlinmarie
    Options

Cool! I guess that's true - forgot that my suggested calorie intake is based on trying to lose wait not maintain. Thanks :happy:

No problem! I have had this happen to me many times and while a lot of people will suffer through it or get all whiny that they "failed" for the day, I just take it in stride and roll with the punches. If you don't, you might give up a lot quicker ;P