Hi Everyone

Options
Hi I'm Mel... I started MFP yesterday :) I'm on the 1200 calories per day and I currently weigh 154 - I'm wanting to get down to 121. I'm getting married in August and want to look my best.

I'm 31 years old and seemed to have picked up weight in the last 5 years or so. I was always relatively slim in my 20's. Thing is I have terrible eating habits and I'm extremely fussy. I got into a habit of eating too much junk and take-out and the weight came on from there... I also love carbs!

So I've cut out carbs in the evening and junk food but I'm battling to get to the 1200, yesterday I ate more than I do usually and got to just over 800 cal. Please can someone let me know how detrimental this is? Obviously I'm going to try get to the 1200 a day with healthy snacks but if I cant always do it will it be really bad?

I'm also exercising 5 times a week which is giving me an extra 300 cal per day...

Any help or advice will be really appreciated :)

Replies

• peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. Joining this online service is going to help you develop accountability and get you in the habit of seeing what you eat and why. I find all my extra calories are at night, boredom, insomnia, lonely...are some of the reasons. I am working on this and this program does help. Plus it helps you run that extra mile so you can burn those extra calories off. I personally like to keep my calories in the 1400-1600 range but I have it set on here for 1200 calories for days I don't work out. You'll lose weight, it just depends on your body chemistry and what works for you. I feel like a food/ exercise journal helps you figure out what works and what doesn't.
    Plus as a female, I've noticed sometimes that binge/cheat day won't show up on the scale till 3-5 days afterwards. So don't trust the scale, trust how your clothes fit and general tone of body. I choose one day a week (maybe 2) to weigh yourself but don't get obsessed with the number! :)
    I am in the same boat, 31, 150 lbs wanting to get to 125...sweets are my downfall and have caused me to gain the extra weight after I had wrist surgery Aug 29th. Hope that helps a little!
    Good luck on your fitness/nutrition journey!!

Peggy
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    Thanks so much Peggy :). I'm also eat when I'm bored and chocolate is also one of my big issues. I've been reading so many success stories on MFP and I'm hoping I'll be one of them...

I dont even have a scale at home so will only weigh myself at gym, probably a good thing so that I dont become obsessed! Hopefully we can get back to the weight we were in our 20's! I'm really motivated

Good luck :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    ur bf/husband looks like my brother hahahaa
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    LOL, he's my fiance :)

He's half portuguese :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    im half spanish , he seriously looks like my bro haha
  • katrinasorensen
    Options
    I know what you mean with snacking on chocolate and having a hard time getting everything that you need. I am in the same boat and I also have a couple medical problems that will make it harder for me to loose weight but hopefully this website can help me.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel :) Welcome & Congrats!!! ..... You seem to be an upbeat girl with a positive attitude -- I'm sure you'll have no problem achieving your goal weight and look absolutely stunning for your big day :)
    We are here to Motivate & Support each other on this Incredible Journey :)
    Let's make it a great one!

Good Luck Mel!!!!
  • lalalillysan
    Options
    First of all, congratulations!!! Being a bride is an awesome feeling, and the morning you put on that dress it will feel as if you're living a fairy tale. I just got married in October so I definitely know what it feels like to want to look amazing on your very special day. I was unable to even touch my weight loss goal for my wedding, and it was still fabulous...But now I am dedicated to this journey and I would love to support you! I am also here in case you need/want an wedding planning advice, or if you just want to relieve some stress! I know that was a major factor in me not achieving my weight loss goal.... I began to stress eat! You're going to look amazing! Let's do this!
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :)

I'm so motivated at the moment, I hope I can keep it up! A group of friends and I started working out with a trainer last night, such fun but my legs are like jelly today. We going 3 times a week so hoping its going to help get me where I want to be.
    I'm waiting for 3 months for my first dress fitting so I hope there's going to be an improvement by then

We can ALL do this!!!