weight watchers

Options
I was wondering how difficult it was to do weight watcher and mfp together? and if anyone has had success?

Replies

• brandyk40
    brandyk40 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do weight watchers at home. I have a book that I track my points in so I do not log my food here but I do log my exercise. I also love the site for support. I have only been back at this for a little over two weeks but I am down 7lbs!
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    I have actually been wondering the same thing and I was thinking about starting up weight watchers again. I have never tried to combine the two but, I think that weight watchers is a fantastic program (as is MFP) and they might work well together.
    There is a weight watchers group that has weekly weigh-ins, information and support! You might be able to find more information there! Good luck!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I tried to do both together, but I've discovered that I like MFP better! The site is much more supportive, it integrates with several fitness trackers, and it has a greater amount of food choices when you use the search option.... I think you could definitely integrate both programs :smile:
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I forgot to add that you can put points onto your MFP diary using Firefox... search the forums for "how to add Weight Watchers Points to you diary" ... I did it and it worked really well!
  • Shilynnesmommy
    Options
    I ost 100 lbs on weight watchers but hit a plateau. I use this site to mainly track my exercise but i also do weight watchers still from home. This site is useful in helping you understand your incoming and outgoing calories. Ive finally been able to push past the 100 lb mark!
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried to do both together, but I've discovered that I like MFP better! The site is much more supportive, it integrates with several fitness trackers, and it has a greater amount of food choices when you use the search option.... I think you could definitely integrate both programs :smile:

I'm currently doing both together by first logging all of my foods EXCEPT for free fruits and vegetables to get my total number of fat grams, carbs, protein, and fiber, then I enter my total numbers for the day into a WW points+ calculator to get my total number of points.
    After I do that, I log my fruits and veggies so I can see how many calories I'm eating (NOT just points+). I know that sounds confusing, but It helps me stay on track and it's cheaper than using WW's online program for logging points.
    I can also use MFP to log my exercise and combine it with a free WW activity calculator to subtract my points and calories that I earned from activity.
    I had a hard time sticking to MFP alone for any amount of time (even a day or two), but combining the two systems seems to be a magic formula for me - in 4 days I've lost 1 pound and I was consistent EVERY day. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal (4 days, really?) but to me, 4 days is a sign of hope - I can do it 4 days, a month might not be so bad? Then 4 months? Then a year or two? Who knows ;) I have about 20 pounds to lose, and I'm starting to think it's actually an achievable goal for me.
  • billiewertz
    Options
    I do them both together. I find if I input my food in both places then I am more accountable for what I am putting in my mouth. It just makes me more aware
  • Natashadb
    Options
    I am also doing both at the moment.
  • logcabin165
    logcabin165 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do Weight Watchers. I've done it for almost 20yrs, very successfully. Now have joined mfp, in addition. Is there a WW group in mfp that posts regularly?
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    LogCabin go to Community, groups and search for Weight Watchers. There are several groups listed there.
  • logcabin165
    logcabin165 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks Zee....I'll check 'em out!:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!