newbie looking to lose baby weight

Options
hi
I am wanting to get back to full fitness and loose my extra weight. I recently had a baby. Is anyone else in a similar position?
how many extra calories do you allow for nursing?
cheers

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP.

A breastfeeding mum should have about 500 extra calories. I would make sure they have them aswell as when I was breast feeding I didn't realize I was supposed to eat extra for baby and my milk started to dry up.

I am not a new mum but have a 7 yo and a 3 yo but you can feel free to add me if you like.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sidge77
    Options
    cheers for your reply. Will adjust the calories accordingly!
  • Katy8967
    Katy8967 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hiya, My youngest is 14 weeks so im hoping to shift the baby weight too (that i gained 2 year ago with my oldest haha). Dont know if youve done it already but in the meals section when you search for foods breastfeeding is in there too, if you pick the option for you and then it will allocate you an extra 500 cals to your target. I dont want to nag but depending on how long ago you had your baby please take it steady. When my daughter was 6 weeks i was told i could start doing exercise again, so figured id take her for a walk in the pushchair... I mean walking - the easiest form of exercise i could think of... an hour later i got back and was in abdominal agony, my body just wasnt ready for it. On a brighter note feel free to friend me if youd like some mummy motivation :D