What to do after 30ds ..ripped in 30, p90x, insanity

Options
I'm 4 workouts from finishing 30DS and am just wondering what to do next, ripped in 30, Insanity or p90x i like the look of them all so just after recommendations and reviews, thanks.

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i loooove p90x. its something different everyday & it really produces results. i'm 8 weeks in and trying to decide if i want to do it again or move on to p90x 2...
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is harder than 30 DS at level 4 - otherwise much the same. Ok if you like different rather than tougher!

P90X is great - hard, but great.

Not tried insanity
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster that Ripped in 30 isn't much harder than 30 DS. The workouts are a few minutes longer, and it's a little harder, but not by much.

P90x is awesome - I'm in week 8 right now.

I haven't done Insanity, but have heard good things. It really depends on whether you're looking for more high intensity cardio with body weight training (insanity) or weight training with some cardio (P90X).

Hope that helps!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    After 30DS I did Jillian's Body Revolution. From there I moved on to P90X. LOVE P90X, but it is hard. I think BR was a great way to step up gradually.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just did Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred. It's two 30 minute workouts, but she goads you into doing it as a 60 minute session. I found it much harder than Ripped (especially the L2) work out.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can try out Tap Out XT or Turbo Fire.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Can you do P90X without a pullup bar? I don't have a place to put one in my house and I travel for work a lot.

Thanks!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your goals.

I have start 30ds and feel that that alone is not enough for me, BUT it is a full body workout in a short time, so because of the time it's great.

P90X is a complete workout program...I personally have received my best results when I did it.

Insanity is super hard, but completely rewarding to make it through and put on the "I Earned It!" t-shirt.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Can you do P90X without a pullup bar? I don't have a place to put one in my house and I travel for work a lot.

Thanks!

yes you can buy resistance bands that can hook through a closed door. Works well unless someone opens the door mid pull.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Yes. My first round of P90X, I used the Bow Flex and just did pulldowns. But we no longer have the Bow Flex and I just use my hand weights. You may not get the same results, but it does work.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Insanity. On week 3 of my 2nd time through. As was mentioned previously, it's a great cardio workout with self body weight type of strength training. I recommend it to anyone without joint problems.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    TurboFire. I'm getting better results with TF than Insanity. I'm not sure if it's designed more for a woman or not, but in my experience I'm finding that it works better for me. Insanity is a GREAT challenge though, and I love doing Pure Cardio to change things up now and then. I'm finding the JM workouts...ripped in 30, 30 day shred just aren't intense enough for me.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I did ripped in 30 then extreme shed and shred. i'm doing insanity next
  • lovelyworld
    lovelyworld Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You could try her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, there are no weights involved, you just use your own body weight. It's 50 mins long and I would really recommend it!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love p90x and insanity. They will certainly offer a new challenge if you're looking to step it up a notch.

I started with P90X and at first it was BRUTAL. I wasn't sure I could do it. Now, I'm one week away from being my second time through and I'm ready to move on to P90X2!! It honestly has given me by far the best muscle tone I've had in my lifetime. I snowboard a lot in the winter, and my performance this season has been unbelievable. I flat out don't get tired. I can snowboard straight moguls for 4 days in a row and not be sore. It's wild.

After my first round of P90X I swapped out the cardio workouts (plyometrics and kenpo) for insanity workouts. The cardiovascular challenge that insanity has to offer is fantastic. I'm not sure I would do the insanity program by itself (totally a personal choice - I'm sure it would be great on its own) only because I enjoy resistance training and challenging myself with the pull-up exercises that P90X has to offer. I also like that P90X has yoga factored in. My knees are kind of sensitive due to all the snowboarding and hiking I do - so this kind of hybrid works for me.

These are the workout programs that have contributed to my weight loss. I did follow the recommended macronutrient ratios for P90X (highly recommended).

I've never done 30ds or ripped in 30 though! I'm sure ripped in 30 is a great program too.

@klwells: Yes, you can do it without a pull-up bar. I did my entire first round of P90X with resistance bands. I find the pull-up bar makes the workouts much more challenging, but it's not necessary. Many people (including myself) have gotten great results only using bands :)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 next, and though it *is* quite similar to 30DS, I liked the flow of the workouts a LOT more. Also, I got a lot more results with it than I had with 30DS, but I feel like it (30DS) got me started on the right track.

I didn't read all the responses, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating things others have said... Both P90X and Insanity are longer workouts than either 30DS or RI30. They are both great programs, I know people who've done them with great successes. P90X is way too long for me to make the commitment to it, plus Tony gets on my NERVES in anything more than very short doses (I've done 10 Minute Trainer). Insanity is very cardio intense with not much in the way of resistance training, so I really have no desire to do it, personally.

It really does depend on what you're wanting to do and the amount of time (even in consideration to just your daily workout) you're willing to commit. If you don't mind longer workouts and want some strength training, I'd say P90X is a great choice. If you're in love with cardio and don't mind longer workouts, Insanity is probably a great fit. If you like the shorter workouts and Jillian's variety of HIIT type training, go with RI30.
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Les Mills Combat and I really like it. It is challenging but very fun. If you like a lot of kicking and punching you would like this.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    After 30DS I did Ripped in 30, then I got P90X and a bunch more Jillian DVDs and just started rotating them all (along with running outside and ballet class). Right now I don't run (brr!!) but I do ballet twice per week and do Jillian DVDs 4-5 times per week. I kind of fizzled out on the P90X. I realized I'm not a huge fan of 1+hour long workouts.

I love Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack. I've honestly noticed a huge difference in my core/abs. I just ordered her Shred It with Weights and I'm going to do it with a 15lb kettlebell. I got the New Rules of Lifting for Women too for more ideas.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really like the look of p90x i don't have a pull up bar though, would that be such an issue? I love the look of insanity but i do have asthma so I'm not sure my lungs could handle it, iv built a bit of muscle doing 30ds as well and I'm thinking if i do insanity with it containing no weights I'l lose the muscle?