Need like minded friends that are in their 30s

Options
As a girl who is in her early 30s and just starting this process I am looking for friends that can give me tips and keep me focused on the goal of becoming a healthy fit individual. In the last few months I have begun to understand the need to get healthy and keep fit but have no friends that are in a similar position. I am sure I am not the only one out there so lets do this together.

Replies

• Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Am 43, recently started, and doing ok so far. Happy to be your friend if you wish, shoot me an invite. In any case good luck on your journey, there are many people on this site that will help as well as an abundance of information.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Very nice to meet you! I am also in my early 30s (just turned 32 actually). I am training for my very first half marathon (in May). I have discovered I love running. After needing to lose some unwanted weight - something I have NEVER had to deal with as I have always been very thin, I found this site about the same time I got into running. This isn't a diet or a New Year's resolution (not kicking anybody else's!!!) but this is my lifestyle now. I would be very happy to add you as a friend!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just turned 32 in December. Been eating healthy since November 2011, started running in May 2012, and have added a regular weight training regimen to my run schedule since right before the New Year. I'm not always active in the forums, but if you message me with questions or motivation, I reply pretty quickly.

I've lost 35 lbs, ran two half marathons (third one coming up in May) and am training for the Spartan Sprint this spring and a 12 person, 200 mile relay in October (The Bourbon Chase). I've got lots more weight to go before I reach goal, but this year's focus is shifted to becoming strong and eating right (and hoping the weight will take care of itself).
  • XopherReed
    XopherReed Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just turned 33 myself and have recently moved over to MFP from LoseIt a few months ago and I have little to no friends who are active. I'm a dad of 3, marathoner, obstacle racer, and hopefully triathlete by the end of this year. I'd love to add you as a friend, just shoot an invite!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    35 here. I try to eat clean/gluten free/paleo and enjoy strength training . Feel free to add me. :)
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Hey I'm 30 mum of 4 girls :) always happy to support and motivate all my friends feel free to add me xx
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sent you a friend request. I turned 30 last month and was hearing all this advice like "If you want to get fit, do it now. It doesn't get any easier." So in June I decided I wanted to enter my 30s headed in the right direction and have been working out more regularly (was always pretty into exercise though) and keeping closer tabs on what I ate (which I never did). It's been going pretty well so far and I'm actually kind of enjoying it. Good luck to you.
  • appyred
    appyred Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 35 with a 2 yo and have to stay motivated to keep up with him.
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, turning 31 this year. Please add me if you'd like. I've been at this for about a year and lost around 20 lbs! I'd like to lose 5 more, but right now I'm just trying to maintain because I can't exercise (shoulder injury) and probably need surgery. Anyway, good luck to you!!! Happy to share any advice if you want any!
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In my early 30s, and have a better understanding about fitness and food since my 20s! Feel free to add :)
  • tyoung75
    tyoung75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for friends feel free to add me. More than happy to offer support, motivation and insight. :)
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am also early 30's and looking for friends, I'll request you now :smile:
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I am 31. Feel free to add me :)
  • amyhittheatmosphere
    Options
    I'm 38, mom of 2 boys, love my daily accountability and being fit but it's a daily challenge! Add me :)

Amy
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well. I'm 32, soon to be 33 and a mother of 2. I've lost everything except for this pesky last 15-ish pounds. I've recently rejoined the gym and am committed to losing this weight and getting fit in a healthy way.
  • Kennedy225
    Kennedy225 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!! Im 30, turning 31 next Friday. I started my weight lost journey back in Sept. 2012 and have lost a total of 35 lbs. I recently started using MFP to help me loss the remaining 70 lbs to reach my goal! I gained a good amount of weight with my first child and the pounds just kept adding up over the years with my other three pregnancies. So now a mother of four it times for me to get this weight off! In the words of my cousin Christopher who has never had a weight problem "Well your not pregnant anymore so whats your excuse now?" That statement really got me thinking and motivated me to show not only him but to challenge myself in getting this weight off. Wishing you the very best in your journey.

Anyone feel free to add me, I can always use more friends to help me along the way

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I'm 33 and have been maintaining a 30lb weight loss for about a year now and have really committed to losing the last 10-15 or so pounds! I am on here daily and am focused on being not just thin, but fit! :) Anyone please feel free to add me.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i'm 35, i started this journey a year ago x
  • CortneyHicks20
    Options
    DON'T EAT JUNK!!! The best advice I can give you! I really believe diet is the most important change i'm continuing to make as I move into my 30's!
  • dreamsthatglitter
    Options
    In my 30s too and just starting too feel free to add me :)