Good Morning from the Prairie

Options
Brianna here,

This is my first time attempting counting calories. I have hovered around my current weight for the past 4 years, and think I should have no problem dropping a few pounds. The goal I set I feel might be unattainable. But seeing as I won't be doing extensive muscle building it may be ok.

My goal is to get fit to hike the inca trail this year. So this will involve cardio, which I hate, and eating properly.

I am really looking forward to using this tool to help me reach those goals, and for some good advice too!

B

Replies

• PathShadow
    PathShadow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Brianna

The Inca Trail...what a great goal! I would love to do something like that. It really helps to set goals like that. My goal is to do the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim in a day.

I've only been on this site for a week, and I am aready loving the support system here. It'll help us both reach our goals.

Good luck!

Christine
  • Bl0emetje
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sonja. I'm from the Netherlands. (no prairie there! ;) )
    I've started using the app a while ago, but never too serious.
    Since Jan 1st I decided to be more devoted to this and loose some weight. I gained a lot (20 pounds) because of medication.
    I now log my food every day. I even use the tool to plan meals, so I can check beforehand on the calories. Still learning a lot every day!
    One thing that works for me, is I allow myself 1 cheat-day, where I may go over the calorie limit by 200 calories. For me that helps, just to know that I can take that piece of cheese, or drink an extra glass of wine on Friday night.
    The other thing that I do, is not only pay attention to the calories, but track the carbs and the sat. fat. quite often a food looks low in calories, but it ends up being carbs only or high on fat.
    Good luck!
    Add me as a friend, if you like :)