(Skinny)Boyfriends make you fat!

Options
My boyfriend does not have to do one thing and he is thin. He eats whatever he wants, drinks beer with no problems and doesnt workout. It is a constant battle to be involved with someone who doesn't have to work on their body. Men want their woman thin but want to take them to places they shouldn't eat at! I am a 5'1 hispanic woman. I cant eat like him on a daily basis and I have to work out at least 3-4 days a week. Have any of you had problems in your relationship when it comes to staying fit?

For example, he invites me to eat dinner at his house "we are having chicken breast so its healthy". SO I say ok I go there the chicken breasts was breaded and baked in butter, the veggies had a butter sauce, with stuffing on the side. I got there and thought ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I was a guest so I couldn't say anything; that would be extremely rude. SO I had to suck it up. Sorry fo babbling I needed to vent......(both in 20's so we live w our rents).

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    There's a difference of being thin and being healthy!!!!!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    Uuuugggh, I can relate! My boyfriend thought it would be sweet to make me eggs for breakfast. Eggs are good for you, right? Yep. But not when they're fried in BUTTER. :ohwell:

It's definately hard to keep on track when every meal we have, I look over, and he's eating something fried/breaded/fattening. I just have to look away and think "It'll catch up to him" :laugh:
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My fiance is the same way! Super thin and eats like mad! Maybe try to teach him about the calories and how they add up. My fiance now cooks my chicken differently then his. He is very supportive. He sees me logging in my food though so he quickly realized how all the butter adds up.

He'll eat 2000 calories for just dinner. He never realized this before, never paid attention to it. But he is in the navy so he has to work out and probably burns as many calories as he eats.

Anyways, try showing him the website. Talk to him about your ups and downs with this. Tell him your stressing and frustrated. This is what I did. I told him how i had a hard time at my parents house cause they cook in butter and eat donuts for breakfast. He picked up then that I must be having a hard time at his place. Remember, he is your boyfriend! He wants you happy!!!
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When my husband I were dating, I had the same problem. Now he still eats that way and doesn't exercise, but it has caught up to him. He really needs to lose some weight.
  • votrubem
    votrubem Posts: 27
    Options
    I am on the exact same page. My boyfriend weighs a little less than me, covered in lean muscle, defined abs, etc etc. He is known to eat two sandwiches and a box of macaroni and cheese (meant for a family of four!) and then go back for a snack shortly after.

When we're together, I don't want him to go out of his way for me, so I just eat whatever he makes. And he eats so much that his portion sizes could probably feed me for a day, but I eat it all in one sitting.

It's hard watching him eat so much of my favorite foods, and having to have self control :( it usually doesn't happen.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Oh your boyfriend will get his comeuppance one day soon his body will turn against him (around 30) he will see that little belly pouch turn into a spare tire, that perky butt will be sagging. Then he will be begging you to help him 'clean' himself up (if your still with the inconsiderate guy). And you'll be all hot and he'll be not...

Relationships are supposed to be two people who are on the same side (not always agreeing but supporting). :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Oh your boyfriend will get his comeuppance one day soon his body will turn against him (around 30) he will see that little belly pouch turn into a spare tire, that perky butt will be sagging. Then he will be begging you to help him 'clean' himself up (if your still with the inconsiderate guy. And you'll be all hot and he'll be not...

Relationships are supposed to be two people who are on the same side (not always agreeing but supporting). :smile:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
  • tiggertiffin87
    Options
    BF is the same way...for a week he ate a ton of bacon. Bacon for breakfast, bacon and squash for a snack, and when the squash ran out, just bacon. He lives for donuts too. He's realized though that I can't eat that way and is VERY supportive. When he cooks he measures out the food for me, doesn't use oil or butter or fry anything. If he sees me eating a cookie or anything fattening he asks if I'm allowed to eat it, did I track it, do I have enough points for it (I'm currently on Weight Watchers). It's nice. Though I still hate him for being is such good shape and eating all the garbage he does. But his job has him active running up and down mountains, climbing trees, etc so he needs all the calories....however I DO point out that donuts and bacon are NOT healthy and he's aware of it. :D
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Oh your boyfriend will get his comeuppance one day soon his body will turn against him (around 30) he will see that little belly pouch turn into a spare tire, that perky butt will be sagging. Then he will be begging you to help him 'clean' himself up (if your still with the inconsiderate guy. And you'll be all hot and he'll be not...

Sorry but its not in his cards... His family eats like that, always. Thats a healthy meal to them. All thin. Its in his genes.
  • ZebraHead
    Options

Sorry but its not in his cards... His family eats like that, always. Thats a healthy meal to them. All thin. Its in his genes.

You may not believe it now but remember this conversation. It's coming, if current conditions remain the same you will look at him in 10 or 20 years and you'll be wondering how the h3ll that happened.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I was trying to find a picture to post, but can't seem to find one, but believe me, I know what you mean. Men just metobolize SO differently than we do.

AH HA!! I found it. Okay this man doesn't workout EVER, eats like a pig, drinks beer :drinker: and snacks on
    fried food, candy and garbage. Ugh....Why can't I eat like that and have a smokin hot body????

Germain.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to tell you that it's not like that with my fiance. I swear she's the one that wants to eat out at all these places and wonders why it is she's having difficulty. Actually, it's better for her than me. I have to get back to the gym to kill myself to stay in decent shape, while she may gain a pound or two, is never as bad as what happens to me (I can gain 4-5 lbs on a bad weekend easily)....yet she's the one going on about how "fat" she is.....she's 5'3 and between 117/123....I mean come on now lol
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know how yuo fel. My boyfriend wont eat anything he deems as "healthy" So I usually end up having to cook two seperate meals to kep us both happy.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    I know how yuo fel. My boyfriend wont eat anything he deems as "healthy" So I usually end up having to cook two seperate meals to kep us both happy.

Sooo... what happens when you tell your 'boyfriend' to blow it out his ear? You made dinner and if he doesn't like it he can hit the frackin' road? (pardon my sailor talk :blushing: )
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I had the same problem when my husband and I were first dating, so for four years I ate like him and packed on the pounds. One day I woke up and decided to take control of my life. I started working out on my own and I saw a positive reaction from him. Then I started changing our food a little at a time and now I cook healthy meals for us both. I just have a smaller portion size than he does. You have to be able to make your own decisions and dont be afraid to 'teach' someone else how to cook healthier. Now our bodies have transformed so much on the inside that eating crappy food literally makes us both sick. Sometimes you just gotta push for what you want! Good Luck! :bigsmile: