Yes Another 30 Day Shred ....Thread !

Options
Hi ,

Not long just completed day 1 of the 30 day shred level 1 video today and was quite surprised at how bearable it was ! I think my running and tae bo boxing has come into good use . But even though it wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be , i still think i could definitely work more on technique and following the advanced girl . After i was finished , i still had a good ten minutes doing a kettlebell circuit . I'm dreading level 2 though as i just know it will wipe the smirk off my face lol
I'll do this video in conjunction with running and then spin class . I took my measurements today too , so i will keep you updated at the end of the month . What the Ripped one like ?

How you all getting on with it ?

Replies

• toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sararixe
    sararixe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jillian kicks my buns every time!! Been doing her dvds for over 2 years now (on and off) I have almost all of them and Ripped in 30 is on its way. I like to switch em up so i dont get used to them lol.
  • susana67
    susana67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    is this the Jillian Michaels DVD and do you do a different workout each day. did one of her workouts on Sky and found it good. was low key but made me sweat more than I thought it would - will follow your progress - good luck
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Did any of you see my thread about Jillian Michaels Body Revolution? I've done 30 day shred as a supplementary workout for the last 2 years ie. once or twice per week in addition to other training I've been doing but I haven't done it consistently so it wasn't really organised. Mainly because didn't fancy the idea of doing just the 3 workouts and nothing else due to the boredom factor.

I've just got hold of another training programme of hers Body Revolution and while I liked the 30 day shred this seems better because you can follow it as a full 3 month programme and there are 12 strength workouts and 3 different cardio workouts so you won't get bored. You do 2 different strength workouts every week, twice each and 2 days of cardio so that's 6 days training in total. Then after a week or two you change to new workouts.

They are still all around 30-40 minutes each so you can fit them in and do a little more if you feel like it.
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You did it...excellent. And mixing it with running and your other classes will be sure to give you great results. Looking forward to hearing about them x
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 2 of Level 1 for me! Like you, I was thinking to myself "this isn't too bad" and actually felt I could do a little more after the dvd.

I'm excited to see my own results. Did you do before an after pictures?
  • needtoshiftpounds
    Options
    I'm nearly coming to the end of level 1. How much harder is level 2?
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    im thinking of defo doing the 30 day shred i wanted to know do you repeat these dvds after a certain amount of time? how do you maintain the results after you have finished? will the results stay as long as you maintain your weight or lose with a defect?
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 3 of Level 1 last night. I am doing better, can do all the jumping jacks, but still have trouble with the abs.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    Yeah i've done before photos and taken measurements . Will give it a while till i do after photos x
  • toffee2013
    Options
    Im just using these workouts as a spring board . My goal is to do the insanity one lol
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am working on 30 DS as well. For me, level 2 is much harder and kicks my butt :)
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 2, and wow, what a struggle!!
  • sararixe
    sararixe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just did my day 1 on Ripped in 30!!! WOW is all i can say.. my whole entire body is shaking.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly coming to the end of level 1. How much harder is level 2?

I thought Level 2 was easier :blushing:
  • emmemmemme
    Options
    level 2 is alot harder, it kicks my butt! i'm on level 2 day 5, can't wait for this level to end lol
  • hev145
    hev145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just orderd my DVD i can't wait!!!

How long is each workout?
  • mbaroncelli
    mbaroncelli Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day yesterday! I did level 1 and its 20 minutes.. It wasn't to hard but I am sore today! I am not sure if I am going to do it every day or every other day. I'm wondering if anyone has done it for the full 30 days and has seen results??
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just finished and lost 9 lbs 3 inches from waist, 2 from hips, 1 from neck. I do think that level 2 burns more calories than 1 or 3. I have an HRM, so in comparison, it definitely does. Level 3 is definitely the most challenging though. i hardly broke a sweat each time I did level 1, but it really is working you up to the next two levels. Good luck. I loved it, I'm doing zumba with weights until my hubby gets home from Afghanistan then we're starting insanity together. ("or attempting it lol)
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day yesterday! I did level 1 and its 20 minutes.. It wasn't to hard but I am sore today! I am not sure if I am going to do it every day or every other day. I'm wondering if anyone has done it for the full 30 days and has seen results??

PUSH THOUGH!!! Do not quit. If you don't keep going the soreness will never go away. If you do push through, it'll be gone in a few days. I did it EVERY day. Christmas, my anniversary, new years, when I was sick. DO NOT QUIT. scroll up a bit to see my results