Calories

Options
Do your calories get reduced as you lose weight? and how does it work when you just want to maintain?

Replies

• ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i believe it is every 10 lbs you lose it adjusts your calorie intake automatically. A nd if you want to just maintain then you have to change your user settings like when you first joined from losing weight to maintaining weight.
  • laurastew79
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine down to the minimum when I started because I wanted a faster weight loss so I haven't adjusted mine since. When I weigh it does ask if I would like to adjust my calories and I choose not to.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine down to the minimum when I started because I wanted a faster weight loss so I haven't adjusted mine since. When I weigh it does ask if I would like to adjust my calories and I choose not to.

That doesn't seem to make sense, when you weigh less you get to eat less calories, so your results would be faster if you did adjust yours, the problem is you will have less to eat.
  • JimROCDS
    JimROCDS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the formula that the people on "Cook Yourself Thin," use in counting calories.

Your goal weight times 10.

Goal Weight is 150 lbs, x 10 = 1500 calories per day.

Once you're at your goal weight, just maintain with that calorie count.

Jim