How do I lose the belly without losing the Booty??

Options
I need to lose about 15 lbs and really want to tone my belly, but I am afraid once I start losing the weight my booty will start to disappear too. It took having two kids to actually get a booty and I'd like to keep it. Any Suggestions!!

Replies

• aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have access to the gym, doing some heavier "booty" exercises to ensure you don't lose it when you lose the belly.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Run or bike hills.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    SQUAT
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Do side bends or sit ups.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You realize, you can not control WHERE you lose weight. If you diet it will just come off....from where ever.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

"but please don't lose that butt!" Hahaha

Squats. Seriously.

ETA: You *can't* control where you lose fat, however doing squats will help you get a very nice booty.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    My favorite-> Roller skate. Great for the booty and leg muscles, burns the fat. Low impact (unless you fall!). Great music (if you go on 70s Funk night). Probably cheaper than a gym. Fewer jerks hogging the machines (just kidding folks!). Kids can come, too.
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options

bahaha
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    lunges and squats and incline treadmill and leg lifts. I lost body fat and lifted, not lost my butt.
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Use scissors and cut the belly fat only.
  • bshawnette
    bshawnette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Lose the fat. Build booty muscle.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Lunges
  • louisesquires35
    Options
    Squats, lunges, prisoner squats, and more of the same with weights, you will notice the tone in your booty after a few weeks! its great.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't really concentrate on one area of your body to "tone", however, you can add exercises to avoid minimize loss from another. Having a flat stomach is obtained by eating right (80% nutrition - eating clean) combined with exercise to maximize fat loss. While you do this you may end up losing some inches off your butt, but you can do lots of lunges and squats with heavy weights to help keep and/or "tone" the shape.
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Well played, sir. :)
  • wigglingalltheway
    Options
    A low Gl AKA low carb diet with make the belly fat vanish. I cannot promise it won't remove fat elsewhere though. Wheat based products are the main cause of belly fat so you know what needs to be done. A well thought out diet (and by that I mean what you eat not how much) combined with a nice workout level will see it go.

I spend 3 years doing managed cals and getting lots of exercise but couldn't get my BMI below 28 for love nor money. I am pretty toned everywhere but the man stomach. Switched to cave man style or natural diet which I think of as if I can kill it, dig it up or pull it off something it's good to eat. The only thing to add to that is to only eat seasonal veg as root veg that organically comes in the early winter such as potatoes and swedes etc are fattening for a reason - i.e. to get us through winter. We don't want to be eating them at any other time than god / mother nature / whoever invented.

Lets just say I started it a week ago and I wake up each morning and can literally feel the reduction. I am not saying you must do it but look into it and see if its for you :o)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    squats and weights brizilian butt lift workout you will keep the booty but it will really lift and firm
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Doing squats and lunges, and basically building lots of muscles back there. There are lots of good booty exercises you can incorporate that will enhance in and you will not lose it. I've heard of the butt bible, that may work.