Replies

• mfultz0429
    mfultz0429 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have tried this and it is truly amazing! Very rich too. Thanks for sharing!
  • Demolady50
    Options
    Thanks for posting...
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Wow. That seems like a lot even after dividing into servings.

It's the avocados that get you. The recipe calls for four of them.
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Help! What does bump mean??
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It is calorie dense but what a wonderful mix of antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Bumples for sure!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Just saw this recipe by Giada DeLaurentiis. Made it yesterday and was blown away by how good it is.

1/2 c. semi sweet morsels
    4 very ripe avocados
    1/2 c. agave nectar
    1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
    1 T. vanilla
    1/4 t. salt
    vanilla almond milk for thinning, if needed

Melt the morsels in microwave and add to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process til very smooth.

Enjoy!

Saw an avocado mousse on deliciouslyella.com a while back. Ella's other recipes look great as well.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump! I love chocolate mousse!!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Interesting..
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Help! What does bump mean??

people say bump so that it will show up in their topics later and they can go look for it--they are interested in it and want to be able to find it again later! took me a while to figure it out too...
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have made the "raw" version of this for years. It's a dessert staple in the raw community. The only difference in the raw recipe is that there are no semi-sweet morsels and raw cacao powder is used in place of cocoa powder.

For those that have asked, I promise - you really do not taste the avocados. And although the fats seem high, they are not the kind that promote heart disease or increase cholesterol.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have made it because I can't have soy or milk...it is REALLY good. And no, you don't taste any avocado. It just tastes like a very creamy, heavy mousse.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Why make faux food when there's no benefit? Avocados are already amazing, and this isn't a lighter version of dessert... so I'm in the why bother camp. I'd rather showcase the avocado in a dish that makes it shine, and eat the straight up chocolate for dessert.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate different foods... pudding made out of tofu is really yummy... but this truly sounds awful. Maybe it's jummy, but I can't get past the thought of brown, mushy avocados.....
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try this one. It will have to be a sugar free version though.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ^^ Would love to see your sugar-free version Laura!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    YUM! seriously going to make this... without the chips though to try and avoid some of the sugar carbs. This would probably be an awesome frozen treat, which are the biggest of my weaknesses.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Will make it one of these days!