Any one doing WW points?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has done points and compared it to the calories you get on here and if its close. I was thinking about rejoining but I don't think I need to since I can do this for free!

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW points system and track it all here as well. Depending on if I eat a lot of the zero points fruits and veggies I will get around 1300 for my 26 points allowance. I started out with a lot of points which came to over 1500 calories but as you lose weight your points go down. The lowest is 26 points. I think if I ate only foods with points I would get about 1200 calories. Remember that one point on WW is about 48 calories give or take. So for 26 points you get 1238 calories.
  • peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, I done and redone WW so many times, but I do miss the zero point foods, but sometimes when I go over if I didn't count the veggies I would be even, think I will just stick with this for now
  • SHERRYCAN
    Options
    Thanks for info, I wanted to try the WW but I have to be consistent first, so my co-worker told me about this and its free...So Day 2!
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    I do WW points and find that it works very well. It has helped me change my eating habits from mostly junk food to a lot of fruits and vegetables. I have so much more energy now.
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For me it never worked because it wasn't enough calories for me and I was starving all the time. Based on their system I would get 26 calories a day, or 1200 approx calories. Even if they still do the 35 calories extra a week (not sure if they still do) then I'd average 1440 a day. With MFP I get 1760 a day before exercise. That seems to me like a huge difference. I have MFP set up to lose 1 lb a week and it's working, sometimes even more then 1lb a week. Sure I might lose more on WW since the calorie total is so much lower but I'd give up because I'd never feel full on that little amount of calories!

Edited to add: I think it does not work for me because for my height and weight I need more than what they give me. Since 26 is the lowest, then someone who is starting out at a lower weight/height might not need as many and 1200 might fit well for them. I just find that the numbers just don't seem to add up right for someone my size (5'6" and 207lbs).
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I did WW points in the past but have not caught up with the new points system. The problem I found was that I was hungry (not mad keen on a lot of the zero point stuff) and because you were limited how many exercise points you could have per week I only did that much exercise:blushing: With this system I find I am more motivated to do extra exercise in return for bonus calories
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    I do WW points and find that it works very well. It has helped me change my eating habits from mostly junk food to a lot of fruits and vegetables. I have so much more energy now.

I read a business report about their plan and how they have the zero points items. They did that to encourage people to eat healthier items. When I started out I was just doing MFP and wasn't losing any weight. Kept with the 1500 calories and was always hungry. Added WW and was still eating the same calories but I was eating a heck of a lot more fresh fruits and veggies. WW tries to encourage you to eat at least 5 servings of fresh fruits and veggies. I usually eat at least 2 to 3 servings of fruit and 3 or more servings of veggies every day. Of course there are days when I'm just out of those items and haven't gone food shopping so I don't always reach that goal but for the most part I stick with that. I also like that they have the tracker so you can check off your servings of dairy (WW encourages you to eat 3 servings) The water which is 8 servings, fruits and veggies, your vitamin for the day, at least 2 servings of healthy oils and your exercise. I've been doing the online only WW points plus system. Started it in May. I average 1.5 pounds loss per week. For me I've stuck with it because I know I'm paying for it so I'm not going to slack off. When I do something that is free I'm not as likely to stick with it or be as strict with myself and my eating habits. On MFP only I ate whatever I wanted as long as it was within my calories for the day. With WW I make sure to get in my daily requirements which has really made a difference for me.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    I did WW points in the past but have not caught up with the new points system. The problem I found was that I was hungry (not mad keen on a lot of the zero point stuff) and because you were limited how many exercise points you could have per week I only did that much exercise:blushing: With this system I find I am more motivated to do extra exercise in return for bonus calories

There's no limit anymore. I average about 88 exercise points per week and never dip into them. I'm able to eat only my daily points and be satisfied with that. I know that If i'm going to go out to dinner one night then I eat mostly zero points foods or low points foods the rest of the day to save up points for the night. And if you do go over your daily points they give you something like 48 extra points you can use for the week. So occasionally I'll dip into my weekly points like on holidays or if I have to go to a party and want that slice of cake or glass of wine.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you can exercise as much as you like:happy: I found WW worked best for me when I was feeding my youngest, as I got as many points as a man the same size and so I wasn't hungry. Otherwise I found 20 points got used up too quick - sorry, I can't munch a bag of raw carrot, YUCK.

Combining dieting with full-time working is challenging as so many lunch/snack options are not available for me (can't do poached egg for luch, for example, or toast a crumpet to have with marmite) and I find this site is working for me so far (OK its only week 3) without getting hungry, as I can generally find the calorie options for most foods and decide what I want/can have. And its free - gotta love free!:love:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have done WW with good results, but I find the support here superior to that at the WW meeting. I do not have a convenient meeting time that works well for me either so this is also better. After I found MFP I would never pay for WW again.