How to read this thing- Please help

Options
Hi I know it has probably already been posted before but I am haveing trouble understanding it for some reason. Here is what mine says right now
1767Calories RemainingGoal + Exercise - Food = Net
1200 + 660 - 93 1767
why does it have -93 even though I have only ate breakfast so far?
and why does it put me at such a low daily and weekly goal? I doubled my weekly goal in one day yesturday

Replies

• CrystalShirk
    Options
    It looks to me like it is taking your 1200 calories for the day, plus some calories that you already burned during exercise then subtracting the calories you already ate which leaves you with the 1700 left?!?!

One thing I've tried doing is sticking to the 1200 whether I work out or not. I don't like to think that I'm working out just to eat more.

Hope this helps!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the + is how much you burned, - is how much you ate.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    oh ok, I also have been trying to stick with the 1200 max calories but went over by 200 yesturday because of a mountain dew.

Also why does it put me such low daily and weekly goal?
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    The -93 is subtracting the calories you've eaten from food so far.

So:

Calories you're supposed to eat (1200) + extra calories you need to eat from what you burned in exercise (660) - calories you've already eaten for breakfast (93) = what you still need to eat today (1767)

Does that make sense? Takes awhile to get used to the layout.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    You can reset your daily and weekly goals by going up to "goals" and either choosing "custom" and selecting your calorie amount yourself, or going to "guided". If you do the guided steps, and you want to increase your calories, you'll need to change your weight goal to something more moderate, such as "lose 1 lb per week" instead of 2 lbs per week.