Rewarding yourself

Options
How does everyone reward themselves for doing well? I guess a lot of us would have used food in the past....I know I would have.

This spring I am going to go to Alton Towers to ride the roller coasters. This is a huge treat for me as I have been too big in the past, and last managed to squeeze on one in Blackpool and it was really embarrassing as the rider operator had to come and jump on the restraint to get it to click. It was so tight it made the ride uncomfortable, as well as that niggle in your mind that says what if it unclicks.....argh!

This time I know I will fit on with the regular Joes, and am going for a lads day with some of my best mates.......it'll be like the Inbetweeners in Thorpe Park....but with blokes in their 30's and 40's....and no car door

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Haha thats fab! Ill be treating myself to a new kitchen to cook up all my healthy food. Ill be waiting a fair while, got to save up for it and its a Cooke & Lewis :love: so mayyybe next January Ill finally get it lol
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do our own program we call GRAPE (God, Rewards, Accountability, Perseverance, Eating/Exercise). We do a sticker chart for each day. Each day we eat within our MFP calories we get a sticker. Each day we work out at least 30 minutes we get a sticker. At the end of the month if we have 40 stickers we get to reward ourselves with a purchase. We never do food as a reward. On the flip side our plan does not involve depriving ourselves. If we are hungry or craving...we eat. But we watch our portions and track everything.

If I want a bowl of ice cream I need to figure out how many calories it is. I must have the calories to spare. So sometimes that means I need to go workout before the ice cream. The funny part is...many times I work out before the ice cream or the cake and then don't want it. :)
  • Kimberly_Tanith
    Kimberly_Tanith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the movies :)
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    New clothes - ones that fit well and look good! My "real" goal is to drop a jean size, so I'll need new pants at the very least, and why not get some fun shirts that flatter my new figure?
  • armychickmlg
    armychickmlg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get away from using food as a reward as well. I hit one of my first mini goals with today's weekly weigh in (five pounds gone), so I am planning on getting a manicure to reward myself. My next goal reward will probably be a pedicure. I am saving the clothing rewards for when lose 25+ because that is when nothing in my closet will fit anymore :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Fitness equipment for my ever expanding home gym and Cathe Friedrich downloads.
  • sweetiepiesara147
    Options
    Hubby and I are trying to find a reward system as well...right now, the reward is going to Tropical Moon Frozen Yogurt for a light treat. We don't have money to spend on a trip or anything like that so we're kind of struggling with rewards for ourselves. Ideas welcome!
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I usually do stages of rewards:

Little Goals - if I need a kick in the butt to get a workout done, or something small like that, I will buy myself a track on iTunes or amazon

Medium Goals - for staying on top of eating and exercising for a month, I get something bigger, like an outfit or an article of clothing

Big Goals - my last big goal will be to get down to 18% body fat. When i do that, I am buying myself a new suit.

Having ways to meet my goals and get rewarded that are not food related helps me to stay on top of my work, without triggering a response that food is the only nice thing there is
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My reward for losing my first stone was to get the 2nd holes in my ears re-pierced which is great because I can wear lots of sparkly earrings now to remind me when I look in the mirror. Not sure what my next reward will be, sexy dress maybe?
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    New clothes!