wildest/ wierdest thing that has happened to you?

Options
akj_25
akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
what is the wildest or weirdest thing that has happened to you in your life?

just a random thought --- think it would be interesting to see what others have experienced in their lives.

most days i think my life is fairly boring then i look down and my leg and see a big scar where i got bit by a black bear while deer hunting. came up my tree because a cub went up a tree 5 yards from me. i was bowhunting and couldnt seem to figure out how to even pull my bow back to shoot it. --- i carry a pistol now. :)

Replies

• sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Back in 2008, i was out on my bike on my own just cycling down streeet, next minuite i know, a big landrover came right behind me, he swerved and went straight into me, i flew off my bike landed on the flooor, the driver or some other person must of rang an ambulance because next thing i woke up and was in hospital with a broken ankle, bruised back, legs and arms, cut all the side of my face open.. And ever since then my left ankle has never been the same! I now walk with my left foot on a slant and my right foot is straight like normal. I cant run for long because my leg will just give way, and ill be on the floor. =/ i also have insoles that i wear in my trainers to help with the ankle, and i still have to wear them now after 4 years!!

That is one of my weirdest things ever, because i just remember cycling along down street, and next minute im in hospital! It only seemed like yeaterday when it happend =(
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Watching my Dad hold a gun to my moms head when I was very young......
    and....having a gun held to my head......that was a bit unpleasant at best...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    When I was 6 or 7, I was a latch key kid. So I would wait out by the bus stop before school with my friends, after my parents left for work. One particular day, it started raining. The bus was supposed to be there soon, so my friend and I stayed put. The sky was dark and we were young. We didn't realize there was a tornado in our area. It came right towards our apartment complex. Next thing we know, it's right up on us. So we grabbed hands and started running towards my friend's apartment. The tornado literally picked us up off the ground for a few seconds. It was the weirdest feeling. Then we got slammed to the ground. That's all I really remember. We got up and ran in the door as fast as we could.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    das so mazing.

One time at work i opened my locked locker and some guy i have never seen before said excuse me and stuck his hand in my locker and pulled out his cell phone. I was like wtf how the f did that get in there. I still cant figure it out - i mean its locked with a lock that i bought and why would he stick his phone in there, and how?! I didnt see it when i put my stuff in there that morning. WTF black magic
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Watching my Dad hold a gun to my moms head when I was very young......
    and....having a gun held to my head......that was a bit unpleasant at best...

Wow! Fae.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    We were coming back from a Bachelor party from Montreal for a good buddy of mine I was driving and we came up to the border. The Border patrol ask the same questions, where are you guys going? What did you guys do? Blah blah blah He then asked if we had an guns, weapons or drugs in the car. I turned around to the 6 guys in the car and said " Hey guys we don't have any Guns or drugs in the car right?" Their jaws dropped. I looked back at the cop and said. Nope no guns or drugs here officer. At first he wasn't amused (which scared my passengers even more) but then laughed uncontrollably.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFPl0BcRpoU
    Found myself in the middle of this
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband decided he didn't want to work a regular job anymore and started a grow-room in our basement. He completely automated it-- it was pretty awesome. But he also became even more of a selfish, abusive, lazy a-hole, and finally I had to have him arrested.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was stalked by a neighbor when I was 19. I lived in a townhouse alone and a woman, her son, and husband (who worked nights) lived in the connecting townhouse. He was stalking both of us. It all came to a head one night when he blocked my car in a spot with his and sat on my front porch, ringing the doorbell at 2am.

Luckily I had 911 on the landline, my brothers friend who was coming over on my cell, and my loaded gun ready. The police determined he didn't do anything wrong, but my family sill installed an alarm at my house and put a privacy block on my phone since he was calling and saying nasty stuff.

5 days after all the security was in place he put a for sale sign up and moved. Creepiest feeling ever.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Toss up between

Being introduced to the wife of the guy I was dating. I hadn't been aware that he was married. Turned out they had an odd marriage as in they lived as room mates and both dated other people. She gave him a lot of **** for not telling me about the arrangement before introducing her.

And

Watching three men perform CPR on me. It wasn't an out of body experience, I was looking up at them as they took turns, but I couldn't move, even to speak. I was fairly pissed off because CPR HURTS! In the end I was quite grateful to them, though. I rather like being alive.
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    driving home after work one nite, residential area, lots of vans and trucks parked on both sides. just as i was starting to pass all the vehicles the SWAT team exited all the parked vehicles. not for me but they were raiding a house. obviously thier look-out didnt see me coming.......
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Going on a manhunt for my dad once. I mean, flashlights, small search party, the whole 9 yards. He was on heavy drugs and had been missing for a couple days. I was 17 years old at the time. I remember thinking it was the weirdest thing. Why are we looking for someone who doesn't want to be found?
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Spent a year and a half in a north african country that wasn't stable when I was 13. Got this close to being killed in the explosion of a bomb hidden in a taxi in an underground parking. It was October 31, 1992.

There was other threats around us, like overnight shooting near the house, not going to school because of drive by shooting by terrorists. Having a gun pointed on my face every time I came across the police and we're not talking small guns, they pointed it on us until we moved along, one false move and boom, you're gone. Having a friend being shot in the foot by police because of a false move from his dad driving away from a barricade because he didn't feel like waiting for the line up. Bomb explosion near the school, was loud, made the walls shake and the dust fly.

I got out of there in November 1994, with my brother and without my parents, my mom joined us a month later and my dad came back the summer after. He always regretted bringing us there. I don't regret a single moment, made me who I am today (the good times and the bad times).
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Toss up between

Being introduced to the wife of the guy I was dating. I hadn't been aware that he was married. Turned out they had an odd marriage as in they lived as room mates and both dated other people. She gave him a lot of **** for not telling me about the arrangement before introducing her.

And

Watching three men perform CPR on me. It wasn't an out of body experience, I was looking up at them as they took turns, but I couldn't move, even to speak. I was fairly pissed off because CPR HURTS! In the end I was quite grateful to them, though. I rather like being alive.

Well we're glad you are still alive!!!! :):):)
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Fell out of a moving vehicle when I was 2 years old. It was the late 70's and I was a rebel! No car seats! We lived life on the edge! I opened the car door and fell out landing in the middle of an intersection. There was no traffic and I didn't even get a scar to prove it!
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I was stalked by a neighbor when I was 19. I lived in a townhouse alone and a woman, her son, and husband (who worked nights) lived in the connecting townhouse. He was stalking both of us. It all came to a head one night when he blocked my car in a spot with his and sat on my front porch, ringing the doorbell at 2am.

Luckily I had 911 on the landline, my brothers friend who was coming over on my cell, and my loaded gun ready. The police determined he didn't do anything wrong, but my family sill installed an alarm at my house and put a privacy block on my phone since he was calling and saying nasty stuff.

5 days after all the security was in place he put a for sale sign up and moved. Creepiest feeling ever.

whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's not good.. Glad your still here too....
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    In my life i have endured more than just a few simple injuries. Been shot once, stabbed tiwce, and I'm still standing ya'lllllll :) From 2 seperate motorcycle wrecks I broke my back once L-5 region and my neck once C-7 / T-1 region. I have a saying, " Men tell tall tales, scars do not lie"
    None of those haunt me. One thing that I do think about was when I was 5 the babysitter took us to the beach. I read a post on here about seeing a tornado. Trust both of us, those are nooooo fun, lol......... I can't tell you what I ate last Tuesday for lunch, but I do know that sound still..... lol....... Tornadoes baddddd .. lol....
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the wildest or weirdest thing that ever happened to me. But, it is the one that comes to my mind. I went to a school that had racial tension every spring for years. We got along the rest of the year, but for some reason every spring there would be riots that lasted about one week. The riots would be bad enough that the national guard would be called in. There was also groups like Hells Angels and Black Panthers that would be there but stay out of it. Anyway, the school had all these rules they wanted us as kids to follow, but we knew (or should have known) the true rules that would keep us safe. One of the rules was not to go out the front door if you were white. It came over the intercom that everyone was to use the front door and security would be out there to keep us safe. Me and my friend, Barb, (in the 9th grade) followed what the principle told us (instead of what we knew was the unwritten rule to use the back door if you are white) . We went out the front door and the door locked behind us. There was no security as we were promised. We saw a gang of kids with bats who did not like us that week due to the riots and they started running after us. I was wearing shoes that were making me run too slow so I kicked them off and we took off running. About half a block down the street there was a lady on her porch holding a rifle, she told me and Barb to come up on her porch. When the gang of kids got to her house and they saw her rifle, she told them I dare you and they all ran back to the school. My friend at the time became best friends with her daughter and I've never forgotten this lady who may have saved my life or at least prevented me from getting hurt really bad. This is how i remember it.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    In seventh grade (late 80's) - the middle school I went to was bad, just plain BAD. Like the windows were safety steel mesh kind. I remember sitting in class one day and heard the door open then BLAM. A student shot someone and all hell broke out - hated this school w/ a passion (teachers beat up students, shootings, knife fights, etc)

Second weirdest thing - at age 22, coming home from work/shopping. I lived in a BAD part of town, building was known for drugs and worse, but it was cheap (375 all ultities covered). Walked up the main stairs to my floor (2nd) and there was a dozen SWAT members who all turned their guns at me. I mouthed that I lived at the end of the hall, they waved me by and then rushed up the stairs. I hid in my bedroom (furthest room away from the hallway - OLD building w/ plaster & lathe- IE: paper thin walls) until i heard them leave. Turns out they were doing a drug bust upstairs.
  • sironae
    sironae Posts: 19
    Options
    I've had some pretty hilarious/strange things happen in my life, and one of the most memorable was finding my biological grandmother. My mother was the product of an affair between a computer technician in the airforce (my grandmother) and a paratrooper who was married, and so she was given up for adoption. I had always been curious about finding my "real" grandmother since I was very little.

I remembered that Unsolved Mysteries sometimes did tv specials on finding biological family, so I went to their website and found my way to the Center for Reuniting Families (which, oddly, is located in the same town in which my mother was adopted). For a small sum they would begin a search, and if they found my grandmother, we would pay a still not unreasonable amount to be put in contact with her, with her permission. We paid them and they found her... she was in the final years of her life and had some form of dementia, however, I did have one telephone conversation with her before she died, and it will always live in my heart. She and I had a lot in common, so it seems, so it was wonderful to have that chance to connect with her. We also were put in touch with other family members, and although that didn't pan out as such (somewhat unstable interactions), we did end up seeing many old family photos that I never would have had access to otherwise (the resemblance was the confirmation that we were, in fact, related).

I'll never forget making that dream come true!