Getting started

Options
I have over the passed few years used MFP with the intention of helping myself become a fitter, healthier person. Well, it lasts maybe a couple of weeks and then it all falls apart. I diligently write down everything I have eaten, done or not done and then life gets involved and time passes, I forget and so tracking goes by the way side! I know I am not alone.

This year I have decided to be even more diligent. I am having surgery later this year and want to be fit and healthy enough that a couple of weeks of being off my feet won't do much damage to my efforts. I have a buddy, already more successful than me, who is attempting to do the same thing as me. We both need to lose a few pounds and maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I have an almost fully equipped gym in my basement which of course has rarely been used. My son is now my inspiration for using the equipment. He has to work out/train for football. He had to join a gym as we don't have the weights required for some of his training. I figure if he can continue this for himself and his team, I too can begin, slowly, to make myself fitter and with his help and encouragement this is totally possible.

Yesterday was a terrible day. I overate and did stuff around the house - not proper exercise. Today has started out on a better note and I am already ahead of the game. I must dig my heels in and keep the momentum, can there be momentum after a day, and just try!! Maybe writing about this effort will be a useful tool also, not only for myself but those out there that slide, feel like giving up or are just as lazy as me!! Everyday we try is a good thing!

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I joined the site in August 2012, did great, wasted the whole month of September, and have been staying on track since. Not to say I haven't had some bumps and bruises along the way, but I just keep plugging away and tracking. Good luck in your efforts and feel free to add me if you would like.
  • sue5579
    sue5579 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well thank you for your encouragement. I think we can all use positivity, is that a real word??, and encouragement! Good luck to you too!