Your Take On PB2

Options
SueGeer
SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
I regularly stir peanut butter or protein powder into Greek yoghurt for a hi-protein snack of yumminess, but PB makes the cals rocket. How would PB2 be as a substitute? Greek yoghurt needs "something" & I'm trying to boost protein intake without too many extra cals.

Thanks.

Sue :smile: xxx

Replies

• mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love it. I eat it on oatmeal and put it in any recipe that calls for pb.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :grumble: i tend to stay away from the pb section as it's WAY too many cals for my likeing!

i get protein from cottage cheese,milk,yogurts,eggs,meat,nuts ect look at my diary for ideas honey more than welcome x
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Run a search, there are numerous threads on PB2 and peanut flour generally.
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    Options
    I find that the PB2 gives greek yogurt a very PB-y taste. I add two tablespoons to vanilla greek and LOVE it. The chocolate PB2 is also good mixed in.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Love this stuff sprinkled on my cereal. Do not try to eat just a spoon of it tho (my biggest guilty food pleasure is PB on a spoon).
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is my addiction right nowl. Greek yogurt, PB2, little sweetener of choice (cuz I like it sweeter), chia seeds and apple. YUM!!!! :heart:
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I stir the PB2 in EAS Vanilla Carb Control drinks. It's 145 calories total and gives 21 grams of protein for the calories. It tastes like a peanut butter and chocolate smoothie. I'm sure you could add ice to it and put it in a blender and it would be delicious.
  • stucal80
    Options
    Roughly how many calories is it per tablespoon? I love peanut butter and have had my eye on pb2 for a while - is it worth it?
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    PB2 rocks! I like the chocolate version too, and I put it into anything that calls for PB. I also use Jiff Natural PB as a treat on occasion too in lieu cookies or cakes, etc and just lick it off a spoon, but typically only 1 TSP.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    45 calories for 2 tablespoons of the chocolate PB2. Have not tried the others yet, but can't wait!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I dig PB2. Add it to my Chocobanana protein shake often and delish!

1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, chocolate protein powder, banana, 1 tbsp PB2
  • shanematthews2
    shanematthews2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sue - PB2 is a freaking GODSEND, IMO. I LOOOOOVE the stuff. Especially in my Shakeology. I love to mix it in with greek yogurt as well or a postworkout protein shake. I personally love the macros of PB2. It fits PERFECTLY with my needs.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories at the end of the day and decide to be healthier (deciding not to have a ferreror rocher treat), then I'll have an apple with some PB. Love it.
  • stucal80
    Options
    OMG 45 CALORIES!!!!!!! I must try this....pb2 and apple sounds amazing. Anybody know of anywhere I can get it from? Ive seen it on amazon. Im from the uk x
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2 all day, err day.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to eat this, it freaks me out. Powder that turns into food. It reminds me of those little dinosaur toys that you add water to and they grow 5x in size.
  • SueGeer
    Options
    D-Day......or should that be PB2-Day.......just arrived. Will try tonight!!!!!
  • SueGeer
    Options
    OMG 45 CALORIES!!!!!!! I must try this....pb2 and apple sounds amazing. Anybody know of anywhere I can get it from? Ive seen it on amazon. Im from the uk x

Just received mine from Amazon.....very expensive tho, might have to source a cheaper option.....