Accupedo Android App

Options
Has anyone used the Accupedo App to track their walking/running? Is it accurate

Replies

• langejansen
    langejansen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using it right now.

It was inaccurate at first, but is perfect after setting the step distance to the right size.
    I compared it with another logger i use that only uses GPS("Move! bike computer").

You can calculate the step distance by using your height(google it) or just by walking a known length, count the number of steps and divide the distance by the number of steps.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Confused. Why not use an app that uses GPS to track distance?
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I have known GPS based apps to be somewhat unreliable.
    For instance, I work in an office. In order to get in some footwork, I will walk up and down stairs and down hallways.

Especially in stairwells, the GPS signal goes in and out, and my final tally is off.

Sometimes, I have walked outdoors, and have seen the GPS signal fade and parts of my walk weren't counted.
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use the endomondo app. I really like this app because it will keep your history, map your runs/walks, there are a lot of settings you can adjust for yourself. This is a gps app. I haven't had any signal loss issues and it is really accurate.

As far as gps signals go. A lot of low or no signals is due to the device you are using. So if you don't get a good signal on your phone and you decide to upgrade your phone, try one again. Virtually no no gps device will get reliable signals in stairwells, to much steel and concrete.