bodymedia question

Options
I have a question about the bodymedia arm straps.. I see that you have to subscribe to their website.. can you still use the armband without paying for the website to get it to sync to MFP or what?

and which of the two different armbands would you suggest?

Replies

• vwalczak
    vwalczak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I have the same question!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you're technically inclined, look into FreeBugg....
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have one and will be happy to ask them for you if you want. I know they still charge me and my account here is linked to theirs.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    If you're technically inclined, look into FreeBugg....

This^^^ You may lose the sleep tracking ability, unless they have updated it.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a body media armband and love it. It does cost to use it, it is a 7 dollar a month subscription fee. Also, it links to My fitness pal.

Hope this helps :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    The Core is smaller but the Link syncs with some phones. Do a search as some people have found the Linc doesn't always sync well with the phone. They are bring out the Core2 soon.
  • vwalczak
    vwalczak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So you *HAVE* to pay the $7/ month for it to work? You can't just use MFP alone and not use their food tracking software?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm on ignore mode? :laugh:
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to pay the monthly fee, you can buy a display device (~$50) that will give you the current and previous days' calories burned, steps taken, and minutes of moderate and vigorous exercise.

I don't think it will link to MFP without the subscription.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm on ignore mode? :laugh:
    Not everyone is happy to do stuff like.

I've bought a used one off eBay. I have bought a three month subscription to gather daily data and then I'm going to sell it back on. The subscription is annoying but not THAT expensive.

It's the BMF website that links with MFP, not the device itself.