ANYBODY age 60 using this program?

Options
Im new to this, even tho I registered prob. 6 mos. ago. Keep starting stopping. Hope someone will aid me w/ encouragement!!

Replies

• jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm 60 and have been on for 65 days. 11 pounds lost. Friend me if you like. Come on, fill out your profile so we can get to know you a bit.
  • eleyet49
    Options
    I'll be 64 in a couple months. I started a few weeks ago. I like the site and I have been logging in faithfully. My problem is even if I don't go over my calorie goal, the calories in wine are still wasted calories so I'm not doing as well as I would think. Got to give up those relaxing glasses of wine after work.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Theres a bunch of folks here who're 60+ and have had GREAT success. Age is just a number imho and those people have proven it. just be persistent. Even if you fall, just get back up. It happens. Key thing is to just be persistent. Log the good, the bad and the ugly and you will get it. I promise :)

Good luck :)
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Does 59 count? I have been using since November of last year. I love it, and have made some awesome friends that keep me in line. Also, keeping them in line really helps me!
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yep! Turned 60 in December, and reached my goal the same month. I was disappointed when I first started with MFP that it took so long to start losing.....I remembered when I was much younger losing big numbers the first few weeks....not so much after 50 (or 60!).
    But I was determined to lose the weight, so I stuck with it. It eventually started to come off. I lost 18 pounds from August of 2012, and I'm thrilled to say that I haven't been this slim since I was in my 30's. So if I can do it, you can too! Feel free to add me. I log in faithfully every day with few exceptions. Best of luck on your journey to better health!!:flowerforyou:

Hugs,
    Lucy in Delaware
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!
    This is an awesome site, but you have to use it to lose it. I've been using this site for a couple of years...last 44 pounds in 4 or 5 months, then screwed up and stopped....1+ years later and 35 pound regained (arghh!), I am recommitting to a healthier diet and have lost 11 pounds since Jan 1. Having friends on this site really helps too :flowerforyou: Good Luck Sarah!
  • Relouw
    Relouw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes to your question. I started January 1st and am pleased with my results . The key to this is logging your meals daily and developing friendships within MFP. Add me if you like.
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    61 here.... down 11 lbs .....i find tracking and exccercise is key for me. Want to:smile: get to 199..... 216.9 now.... I'll send you a freindy
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 66 in November and I joined My Fitness Pal in January, 2013.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and from the UK. So far since June I have lost 33 lbs. I do an hour's exercise every morning and keep calories to 1700 including the exercise calories. Feel a million times healthier all round as well as look better. I have found skinnytaste.com helpful and Hairy Dieters. I want to lose at least another 17 lbs and then I will look at myself to see if I look too haggard! I eat really well. It's great to be retired and have the time to cook delicious, slimming meals.
  • dorothy1355
    Options
    Those darn glasses of wine. I am finding that I dont log on the weekends which means I am out of control. Undo all the work I did during the week most likely. frustrating.
  • pawsnpurrs
    Options
    I turn 60 in May... we all have different physical ages, spiritual ages, mental ages..on a good day i am 12 and my body acts like its 70... this is day 2 here for me so i will say HOWDY from Glendale AZ and post away..it will be fun to read these messages on this topic ...:flowerforyou:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I am 55 1/2 but would love to help motivate, support, and encourage you on this journey. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. This goes for anyone else who would like a new friend on here. We can and will do this!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • rockehill10
    rockehill10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and too old to give up that glass of wine in the evening while cooking and eating. I do an hour of exercise each day so I can enjoy that glass of wine at night. Exercise keeps me fit and the wine keeps me happy--a win/win.
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 62... joined MFP on Sept 30, and have lost 30 lbs. (I am almost down to the weight I was in my profile pic; there are no full-body pics of me at heigher weight (that I know of ;>))
    Main focus of my eating plan is eliminating refined sugar (candy,cookies,cake,etc.). I satisfy my sweet tooth with JuicePlus+ Chewables (fruit & veggie whole-food based supplements). I let them melt in my mouth while sipping black coffee. Yum!
    Logging in daily keeps me aware of what I am eating; and discovering how many calories are in some foods when dining out has been a real eye-opener. I've also started exercising @ Curves, averaging 3+ times/week.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent ........ have a great day !

Mary Ann in NY
  • bids55
    Options
    I'm 66 and too old to give up that glass of wine in the evening while cooking and eating. I do an hour of exercise each day so I can enjoy that glass of wine at night. Exercise keeps me fit and the wine keeps me happy--a win/win.
  • bids55
    Options
    Sorry hit key too fast .....I am with rokehill10 on the wine!!!!! :drinker:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Hi again. Just to say I have a Pernod every evening as a drink with my meal. I count a hundred calories for that so it is well affordable. It makes a nice long drink with water.
    Go for it all you older girls and guys out there.
    I had a gastric virus last week and missed seeing my grandson for the first time since Christmas. Unfortunately it didn't make me lose any weight which would have been some compensation!!
    It's slow but steady now. It seems to take me about 2 weeks to lose a lb when at the beginning it was 1. I am so much fitter though. When I think back as to how I could hardly tie my shoelaces it's embarrassing.
    The one thing I haven't managed to do is take myself off to a clothes shop and buy some new trousers. I normally buy clothes on line, but I now have no idea what size trousers to buy. Tops are easier. I hate shopping, but maybe I'll enjoy it now that I'm a bit slimmer. 33lbs slimmer!