Coming up on 1 year at goal! 171 lbs lost! *pic heavy*

Options

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You look amazing!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! :drinker:
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • MTjessi_marie
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation and inspiration! You are beautiful and now healthy, too. Good for you!
  • morriganamazing
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • mariposaflutterby
    mariposaflutterby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are an inspiration and look fantastic.
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    amazing job! Doesnt even look like the same person!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital where we do many gastric bypass surgeries. Several of my friends have had it done as well. The unfortunate thing is I've seen many of these folks regain the weight they've lost because they believed the surgery was the magic bullet and they did not need to work at maintaining their weight loss.

My hat is off to you for your tremendous success! You should be extremely proud of your accomplishments. I wish you much luck in your future endeavors!!
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    congratulations you look fantastic and to keep it off for over a year is amazing also.
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Very inspiring!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You lost that much in 1 year?? HOW??

She said how in her post.... ?

And OP you look AMAZING!!! have a friend starting at about same as you wanting to see it can be done :) I will refer her to look at you :)
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital where we do many gastric bypass surgeries. Several of my friends have had it done as well. The unfortunate thing is I've seen many of these folks regain the weight they've lost because they believed the surgery was the magic bullet and they did not need to work at maintaining their weight loss.

My hat is off to you for your tremendous success! You should be extremely proud of your accomplishments. I wish you much luck in your future endeavors!!

I am a fan of doing whatever a person needs to do to achieve their getting healthy. I was admittedly very upset with my mother for her choice of Gastric Bypass For the reason you stated. To her it was a magical cure for Diabetes and she "wouldn't really have to change much"... so she said. She has lost 90lbs since February 2012. Kudos to her, I am proud of that BUT she has not changed her eating to be healthier other than adding almonds to her list of snack foods... she "Eats less" of the sugary snacks (her pantry is still laden with empty calories and my sister told me she does still consume them fairly regulary). She also still has to take insulin and Metformin to control her glucose.

I changed my menu to be more along the lines of recommended low carb, high protein diet for diabetes patients and within 3 months was off my metformin and out of the range of pre-diabetes all together.

It is to each individual how successful they will be with maintaining their loss after achieving it. How you achieved it not withstanding, it is the lessons we learn along the way that will show in the long run. The OP learned that she is happy and healthy now, sustains a good activity plan that coincides with a healthy menu. Unfortunately, not everyone wants to learn anything about being healthy, they just want to appear thin...
  • Feliz227
    Options
    Congratulations!! Way to go!!
  • Hollthulhu
    Hollthulhu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What great inspiration!! Your before pics look quite similar to my body shape, and even though 170lbs isn't my total goal, 150lbs is! I love seeing success when it's something I can relate too, it drives me to know I can do it too!! :))
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You lost that much in 1 year?? HOW??

Surgery.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started at 320, size 30 or 5/6x (probably more, but refused to get weighed at my highest) -

wentink-2.jpg
    ImportedPhotos00065.jpg

I had the VSG surgery 17 months ago, got to goal weight in six months, and have been at goal now for almost a year. I work hard every single day to mantain my weight, I eat right and workout hard (training for a marathon and half IronMan, with an eye on a full IronMan by 2015). I LOVE the new me.

145 lbs, size 4/6 or small/xsmall -

IMG_20130104_135652-1-1_zpsacbba691.jpg
    IMG_20121127_202328-1_zps633145e6.jpg

what is VSG?
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Like a whole different person!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!