Words Of Encouragement

Options
When I first started my weight loss journey I new I wanted to lose at least 80lbs:ohwell: .... I would go shopping and to reward :happy: myself for every 10 pounds I lost I would buy something for my dream goal weight outfit.... First you buy things that you can enjoy and put on now because they are items that you can wear no matter what your weight is.... Like boots, purse, sunglasses:glasses: ,earrings necklace ,watch ,scarf ,hat. ect.... When I got 10 to 15lbs to losing 80lbs that's when I bought a few different colors leggings and tops... I bought leggings instead of jeans first because you can still wear them if you lose 10 to 15 more pounds.... When I finally achieve the goal of losing 80 pounds I bought my first pair of skinny jeans:wink: .... I didn't think I would be losing any more weight but I got so excited :laugh: putting my outfits together with all the accessories that I've bought as I was losing the weight that it motivated me to keep exercising and eating healthy... I ended up losing another 20 lbs.... I still have 16lbs to lose to achieve my "DREAM" goal weight..... But If I don't ever reach it I'm not going to beat myself up for it cause I feel great now and healthy and now I like to give myself different goals like (Run a 5k,Take over 10,000 steps a day for 5 days straight,run half a marathon, insanity workout program) Right now I'm working on the achieving my first half marathon on April 6 sponsored by The Biggest Loser... And February 1st I will start the insanity workout program.... Right now I eat:drinker: really healthy for 5 days straight then enjoy 2 day off... I love:heart: the new healthy me and if I don't reach my dream goal weight that's o.k cause it's called a "DREAM GOAL" for a reason I might only be able to achieve that goal in my dreams:yawn: lol!!!.... To all my MFP friends have a GREAT!!! day and don't forget to be proud of yourself and celebrate the every day goal you achieve :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. It was just what I needed to hear this morning.
  • LilMizMuffin
    Options
    When people ask me how did I lose so much weight I don't to like say by being on a diet... I say by making healthy choices 5 days out of the week and rewarding myself for 2 days... I reward myself for 2 days so that way I don't feel like I'm depriving myself from the food that I really enjoy eating... It makes it a lot easier to eat really healthy for 5 days because I know I'm going to have 2 day to reward myself... I've also noticed that a lot of people think that eating a lot less than they're supposed to will make them lose weight fast but that was not true for me.... When I first started my weightloss journey I thought the same way but I quickly plateau... My body went into starvation mode and started to store the fat as soon as I started to eat a lot more high protein foods I started to lose weight again....( You have to FUEL your body to BURN the fat) I've haven't plateau since then but I also don't like to get on the scale everyday I do it once every 3 weeks... I didn't lose the weight overnight I took the long healthier route..... Slow and steady wins the race!!... =)
  • LilMizMuffin
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • jodis319
    jodis319 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great post! Can I add you as a friend for some extra support, I could sure use it!!!
  • LilMizMuffin
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend :flowerforyou: .... Let's give each other support and words of encouragement to motivate and to help each other achieve are weight loss goal:smile:
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great work!