40.2 lbs gone....still going

Options
Hello MFP! I just wanted to share my during photos. I'm not going to bored you with my story yet. lol. Heres the basic. I had my daughter Oct.2011 and I weight 299lbs the day I went into the hospital. After having her I wasn't ready to jump into working out, eating healthy. I'm a stay at home mom, I had the time, just didn't want the change then. May 2012 I realized I've got to change for my daughter. So I started my journey on May 2012 weighing 270.8. As of Jan.21,2013 I weigh 230.6lbs! 30 more lbs till I reach my goal then I'll decide from there where I really want to be.

Untitled-3.jpg

Replies

• niess96
    niess96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, just the inspiration I needed. :flowerforyou:
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work!
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good job girl!! Keep it up!!
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. Thanks for the motivation!
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    I have a similar story....it was my daughter who inspired me and im a stay at home mom too....my only difference is I didnt really gain during pregnancy I was really healthy then but after I had her I was BF and had to eat toooons to keep my supply up enough to fully bf. Well I began to gain but I felt like it was ok weight bc I was sacrificing to bf....I finally weaning slowly around a year but I just didnt change my eating habits and this is when I gained tons...I was no longer bf so my body wasn't burning more than normal so the weight came on fast.... one day I realized WAIT my daughter is learning from me...she watches everything I put in my mouth and she wants to eat it too...so I knew I had to fix this so she would see it as normal to be healthy.

You have done amazing work so far!!!! keep it up!!! and I love that you have set a goal at 200lbs and then plan to reevaluate. I think sometimes people set goals that are so big up front that it starts to seem unrealistic to them. I set my first goal at 20lbs lost and am now setting mini goals at every 10lbs...it makes me feel more accomplished lol
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    I have a similar story....it was my daughter who inspired me and im a stay at home mom too....my only difference is I didnt really gain during pregnancy I was really healthy then but after I had her I was BF and had to eat toooons to keep my supply up enough to fully bf. Well I began to gain but I felt like it was ok weight bc I was sacrificing to bf....I finally weaning slowly around a year but I just didnt change my eating habits and this is when I gained tons...I was no longer bf so my body wasn't burning more than normal so the weight came on fast.... one day I realized WAIT my daughter is learning from me...she watches everything I put in my mouth and she wants to eat it too...so I knew I had to fix this so she would see it as normal to be healthy.

You have done amazing work so far!!!! keep it up!!! and I love that you have set a goal at 200lbs and then plan to reevaluate. I think sometimes people set goals that are so big up front that it starts to seem unrealistic to them. I set my first goal at 20lbs lost and am now setting mini goals at every 10lbs...it makes me feel more accomplished lol

I BF the first month and I lost about 30lbs, but with my boyfriend (the father) working so much I was the only one home 95% of the time and wasn't getting the right foods and right amout of sleep to keep up with my supply. My daughter started rejecting me and thats when my weight loss stopped and gained about 10lbs back before realzing I needed to change my ways.

Thank you! I want to be around 170 but after having a baby and getting older my body has changed so I've just set it as 200 then work from there. I will do whatever it takes to get where I want to be happy.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You're looking good...all that hard work is paying off. Keep up the great work.:flowerforyou:
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Great job. You are truly an inspiration.
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep it up. You are looking great! :flowerforyou:
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get there!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    What an amazing change! Great job!
  • sue5579
    sue5579 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is completely awesome!! Good for you! What an inspiration you are!!
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Can't wait to get there!

Youll get there, just takes time...Never stop, just keep pushing yourself and all your hard work will pay off and you'll be more than happy that you did it.
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Great job!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!