Jillian Michaels Whey Protein

Options
I've recently purchased the Vanilla Cream Shake mix. Although I hate the taste of Vanilla shakes. I tried putting some frozen strawberries, but it didn't really give me a great taste. Needless to say, I couldn't finish the entire shake. Does anyone have any good recipes that I could consider? :smile:

Replies

• thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    mix it with yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, cereal, oatmeal
    bake it in granola bars
  • theresaland
    theresaland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use one banana, a cup of frozen blueberries, a cup of fresh spinach, sometimes a large fresh kale leaf, about a half cup to one cup of water (depending on how thick you like the drink) and one scoop of vanilla protein powder. I buy EAS. I've never tried the Jillian Michaels brand, so hopefully it's similar to what I have. I dump all that in and then blend it up!

I'm not big on dairy products, so no yogurt or milk for me. The blueberries are frozen, so no need to add ice. You can't taste the kale or spinach at all. Mostly the banana and blueberries. The banana has a strong taste, so if you like that fruit, I'd say try it with the strawberries also.
  • vlarr87
    vlarr87 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the sound advice! I decided to add bananas to my strawberries and protein powder with 8oz of water. Way more bearable!
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    Lactose free milk and a banana or some strawberries.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Add some cocoa powder - packed with minerals and fibre, strong tasting so will disguise the vanilla. Frozen mixed berries are also good - strawberries are not really the most flavoursome.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    You can buy flavorings made for baking and mix in with a touch of sweetener. I like eggnog flavor or rootbeer flavor. They come in tiny glass bottle usually they carry them at drug stores/candy supply stores/ cake supply stores.
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    You can buy flavorings made for baking and mix in with a touch of sweetener. I like eggnog flavor or rootbeer flavor. They come in tiny glass bottle usually they carry them at drug stores/candy supply stores/ cake supply stores.

This is the best way to add a lot of sugar to your shake and make it unhealthy.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options

This is the best way to add a lot of sugar to your shake and make it unhealthy.

The baking flavorings have no sugar and no calories.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I like to do Blueberries and Strawberries with almond milk. I also like to sneak some spinach too. If you like it to be sweeter but don't want the extra calories, use Truvia sweetner. It's a little expensive but better than splenda.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    To help clarify this is the product I was reffering to... https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors.aspx