Valentine's Day Challenge!

Options
This idea was given to me by a friend, when she said she is trying to get into a certain jacket by Valentine's Day. I think this is a great idea and would be good fun for us to do together.

So root through your wardrobe and pick out something that you really want to get into and can realistically fit into in 4 weeks time! It can be any item of clothing, from underwear, to tops, to coats.

Hang it up somewhere to remind you everyday that this is your aim. In 4 weeks time on Valentine's Day we can all try on that item and, fingers crossed, VICTORY!!!

For me, my Valentine's item is a pink blouse that I can't wear because the buttons are straining! Fingers crossed!!!

Replies

• toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I have a pink top also that I'd like to get into more comfortably x
  • afatwomanonamission
    Options
    Clearly I'm in - a lovely Point Zero jacket that though I can sort of zip it, I could never move my hips for fear of splitting it at the seams! LOL. Should I waddle like a penguin maybe I could make it, ha ha
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Funny...I did this YESTERDAY! I pulled out two pairs of pants I fully intend to be back into within at least three weeks.
    Great minds think alike.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge. I'm in. I have a pair of jeans I would love to actually fit in.
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'd like to be able to zip my winter coat. I have only one and I can't zip it up. It's close though. With the cold temps we can get in the midwest this is an important goal.
  • gettinfit320
    gettinfit320 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in...my jeans...I want to be back in my jeans... they are not very comfortable...I can get in them....but breathing is another matter!!! LOL.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I will join in!!!

I have this little pink t-shirt that says something about Rock & Roll in TEXAS, The Lone Star State.
    I bought it in the Houston airport 2 yrs ago on our way back from a cruise we had taken. I'm a country girl from Montana and liked the boots & guitar on it! :wink:
    I also have some size 6/7 jeans that I can not wear that I wore comfortably then too!
    This WILL be a challenge for me cuz I already log my food and in my workouts ( which I do daily) I burn anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories.
    I am SUFFERING with menopause and am seeing a naturapathic doctor to help with ALL the ugliness that comes with this transition in life!

Here's to having our wardrobe back!:drinker:
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I'm in. I have a pair of jeans that I bought after I had my son and I was able to fit into them then and I'm only 10 pounds heavier. I think I can do it!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a Jean skirt that I know my hubby would love to see me in. (I bought it a size smaller about a month ago.)
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Ive been dying to get back into my old jeans..
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Some great motivation and clothing items there. We can do it guys!!

25 DAYS TO GO!!!!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of boardie/swim shorts.. yes, I know it's way too early to think about summer and swimwear! However, in November I couldn't get them on.. I can now get them on and done up.. they just don't look too great!

Would love to be fitting in them comfortably by valentines.. that way I know I have plenty of time to tone up ready to wear them in the summer ;)
  • NanaLueLue
    NanaLueLue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don' t want to lose much more but I do want to firm up. I think I will start to hula hoop, with a 5 pound hoop, again and see if I can get into a size 28 Jean a bit more comfortably. I have to thank everyone at Myfitnesspal and Curves for my weight loss and healthier life! Bring on Valentine's Day, I won' t be eating chocolate!!!
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in too.
    I lost 20lbs only to fall off the wagon and gain 5 of them back.
    Goal #1:
    I want to be able to breathe in my jeans (cuz I just bought a new size right before I gained back 5 lbs).
    Goal #2:
    I also bought a shirt at DisneyLand with my favorite Disney character: Alice. The shirt reads "Curiouser and Curiouser".
    It was the largest they had (which in my defense is really a small/medium!)
    It is made out of super soft and super clingy cotton.
    I want to see less rolls hanging out the sides of that shirt when I put it on by Feb 14th! Lol
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i have a little black dress that i would love to wear but 4 weeks is not enough time. it's size 2 and well i haven't been that size for 15 years. i REFUSE to get rid of it - i will wear it one day. instead i will pick my beige dress. while it fits (i can zip it and breath) i can't breath when i sit in it. lol! so i pick that.
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhh I'M SO IN!!! And it's an old wore out pair of Express jeans but I love them!!!! :) I'm so in! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!! WE GOT THIS!
  • janeoconnell71
    janeoconnell71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this is perfect i am in too, i have a jacket i bought over a year ago that i love and can;t zip up at the moment so thats my valentines goal :)
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We have a group for this if you would like to join search the groups.
  • Ola34
    Ola34 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in!