My first week....

Options
Harper1984
Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
....I lost 2 pounds! I had been on this site before but didn't really take it seriously. Well 40lbs heavier than my average weight, I finally decided enough was enough and got back on here. I ate llke normal for one day without thinking of the calories and checked just to see how much bad stuff I was putting into my body...turns out, I was eating 2,600 calories a day without even blinking an eye! I was shocked! So all this week I decided I was going to track and eat healthier....and not add on exercise, just to see how much better I felt. I thought MAYBE I would lose 1/2 of a pound, but I weighed myself this morning (after 6 days) and I have lost 2 pounds!!! Most importantly....I feel so much better...and it has only been ONE WEEK!

I am also drinking WAY more water than I normally do, and that usually curbs my hunger. In the past when I felt hungry, I would scarf something down. But it is true that most of the time when you feel hungry, you are infact THIRSTY!

I saw the post of before and after pictures from some of the members of this site and I cannot wait to see where this adventure into a healthier lifestyle will take me!!!

:happy:

Replies

• alheitmeyer
    alheitmeyer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congrats....im very happy for you...This is my first week also and tomorrow will be my seventh day so we shall see how much if any that I lost...I also was eating a ton more calories than I should have.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    congrats....im very happy for you...This is my first week also and tomorrow will be my seventh day so we shall see how much if any that I lost...I also was eating a ton more calories than I should have.

Good luck! I was going to wait the full 7 days before weighing myself but for some reason (probably lack of sleep last night) I thought that today was day 7 for me and I weighed myself. It wasn't until I got to work that I realized what day it was! HAHA!
  • bulletkid
    bulletkid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great going!!
    Interesting thought about water though..
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success for the first week - I hope it inspires you to continue.
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Great job! I just read your post and it looks like we have the same goal- 125 lbs. I also have 38 more pounds I would like to lose. Tomorrow is my day to weigh in. If we keep it up, maybe we can hit our goal by November. Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!