Insanity challenge - anyone else doing it?

Options
I've recently started doing the insanity workout challenge and wondering if anyone else is doing it?
i'm on day 5 now of my first run through. its difficult so far and can't always keep up with shaun t and his pal on screen but i think its working. i'm hoping to complete insanity twice before my holiday in june.
thought i'd start this thread off for anyone interested in doing it too.
Btw im 5ft 11
222lbs
male 22
cheers

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am doing it also. I am currently on day 16. It is hard work but I am enjoying it so far and starting to see results.

5' 8"
    151.4 lb
    female 33
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started the programme and now into day 11, really tough but bound to see results after day 60! Good luck :)
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just started also!

I'm going to be doing day 23 today. (Wow, it's going by fast!) :) I really enjoy the challenge.

I've lost about 4 inches total from various parts of my body. I hope to see more! Good luck everyone!
  • cwakeford
    cwakeford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For all of you that are doing Insanity... I'm thinking about starting it but I have a couple questions for you.

What was your fitness level before starting Insanity?
    Could someone of a sedentary to light fitness level handle Insanity?
    Have you travelled while on the program? Any trouble keeping up?
    Should I start with something easier like 30 Day Shred or P90X?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking those questions, cwakeford! I've been tempted to dip my toes into Insanity, but I'm honestly a little intimidated by it!
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For all of you that are doing Insanity... I'm thinking about starting it but I have a couple questions for you.

• ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry. I did Insanity late last year.

I am relatively fit. It will be TOUGH, but you can modify and rest as needed. Just do your best.

I haven't traveled with it, but my husband has. Since you do not need equipment, you should be fine.

The most important thing is your nutrition -- and you WILL be hungry. :noway:
  • callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I have JUST started this, but I am very out of shape. I am starting this at 230 lbs, 5'5 and 31 years old. I am not doing the complete challenge as they have it mapped out because I feel I will fail at that right now. I am a stay at home mom of 3 VERY BUSY children, and homeschool as well. So, contrary to what some may think, I DO NOT have a whole lot of time, so I have to plan accordingly (nap time/study time). I did not start with anything else first. I jumped straight into the Insanity workouts, BUT I am picking which one I want to do in whatever order until I become familiar with all of them. I haven't made it through an entire video work out yet, BUT I listen to my body and push myself as far as I can. I have noticed that I have gotten farther and farther towards completing a full workout and am hoping today I will make it all the way through. I see it as, it is way better than what I was doing before (which wasn't much at all) and I will get better, and I will get faster, and stronger and see more results as time goes on.

So far - almost at the end of 1 week (after today's workout) I will be down 2" on waist, 2" off hips and 1.5 ff each thigh. So - what I am doing may not be the recommended way - but it is working for me right now.
  • Jessy0383
    Options
    I started 15 days ago and let me tell you the first 3 days I was so sore that I could barely get out of bed but right now is better. Is not easy and sometimes I cant keep with them but I do my best and am doing a combination with Turbo Fire. I love it! I lost 3lbs the first week. So am pleased. Cant wait to see the final result :)
  • cwakeford
    cwakeford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all have scared me a little! I have only just started exercising regularly and from reading up on Insanity I have decided on starting with the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and then upgrading to Insanity when I'm back from my big trip in March. It's hard to maintain a 40-60 minute per day program like Insanity in a hotel room!
  • benpen89
    Options
    I started with a 2 week build up,
    walking/jogging and few circuit traing sessions.
    i used to be go to spin calsses and circuit training 4-5 times a week but found the spinning (sationary bikes)
    wasnt doing anything for me
    i've tried the p90x and found its just too much equipment to buy. saw inasnity and thought thats for me day 6 now yesterday was tough i have to be honest. felt ill so made it even worse but still enjoying it.
    how soon did anyone see changes from doing insanity?
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Going to start today. will let everyone know.

Male 25
    weight 246