New Here and Diabetic!

Options
Hello,
I decided to start tracking my caloric intake and carbs. I am doing bootcamp and pilates 3 times a week for an hour each. I am loosing the inches, but it seems like the pounds are still up there. I think it has to do with the daibetes, so if i track the carbs i might be able to figure this out.
I also want to run a 10k without having to take a break!

Replies

• orangufan
    orangufan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    we're on the same boat! i'm new and diabetic too, so let's be friend and support each other :)
  • coke_momma
    coke_momma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also diabetic and on meds. I find it very hard to try and get myself together to eat right. I would love to have others as my friends that we can all relate to. I need to get eating right and also exercising. If you have any ideas to pass along please do and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sara_mclaughlin
    Options
    I am also new, and I have Type 2 Diabetes (I lovingly and jokingly call it Diabeetus! My phone only uses that word now, haha).
    I just had bloodword done and found out that my Ha1c is 10.3 (bad bad). I'm on 2000mgs of Metformin daily and I will soon be on insulin to help get it down a little quicker. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 years, and my diabetes is stopping me from pursuing fertility treatments.

I have just started taking Dandelion Root, have any of you heard of taking this for diabetes? I've been taking it for 2 days and I have to say it's helping supress my voraceous apetite and sugar cravings! Plus it's cheap and I grabbed it at my local health food store... I'll try anything at this point!
  • coke_momma
    coke_momma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    DId you check with your dr. to make sure you could take anything along with your diabetic meds? I would make sure I could first it may interfer somehow. I take 1000mg a days of mine and I hope I never have to take anymore then that. I hope when I get some pounds off it gets better and I can one day not take anything at all. That is probably wishful thinking I am not sure.
    Do you eat fruit with each meal? As you can see if you see how I eat I dont but I am suspose to. They told me at my diabetic clinic. I am going to send a request to add you as a friend.