Working out in Michigan Weather

Options
I love riding my bike but in Michigan it gets pretty cold and i'm not a cold weather person so how can I keep form getting gym cabin fever?

Replies

• PDiddy0913
    Options
    I hear you man! I love to run but it gets cold here in NJ in the winter. I'm sure it's nothing like Michigan though. I spend my winters in my basement putting in work with my at-home workout programs. It's good to get into a 60 day or 90 day program because you have a goal to finish it and a timeline to do it in. I only do programs with calendars like Insanity, Les Mills Pump, and Les Mills Combat so everyday is something new and I don't get bored. Try to use the cold weather as an opportunity to mix things up a bit. It will keep you from getting bored and also keep your body guessing. It's worked and is still working for me. Send me a message if you have any questions. Good luck and stay warm brother!!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Suggestion from a neighbor, get snowshoes, 600/cal burn per hr., just got back from an hour snow shoe in -5 degrees and broke sweat!!!
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    I'm in minnesota. I go to a fitness center.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to live near Chicago. During the winter, many public golf courses turn into cross country skiing trails. They charge a minimum fee to use their golf course (and a few dollars to rent the skiis). It's a great way to get some cardio in. It's fun as the scenery changes. You burn a ton of calories!!