Unusual NSV

Options
OK so this might be a bit unusual as an NSV but I went to the gym today which I got to about 4 times a week anyway and I used the treadmill to do some jogging. I could never jog to save my life but got on and did 15 mins solid at 8 mph! I didn't even feel THAT abused after! I'm really happy at how much fitter I already am! It's real progress! Has anyone else had any similar NSV's?

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    No, I wish I were that way, I need oxygen when I get done running, but good for you! Keep it up!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Do some bodyweight widowmakers then report back!
  • CharT5188
    CharT5188 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! I have been doing stairs a lot at work and at home, and noticed that I no longer get winded after doing a bunch. When I first started, I couldn't speak after three flights. Now I do a lot more than that, and am not bothered. Good for you!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It takes perseverance to take this journey and it is definitely not for the weak of heart. Bets of luck to you
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Do some bodyweight widowmakers then report back!

Way to steal his thunder...lol. Great job OP!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I just started C25K on Sunday. In the past 60 secs of running would have winded me (I know it sounds sad, but it's true) but I do just fine on the c25k now. Also, when I started I couldn't finish the eliptical machine's "weight loss interval" 30 minute program. Now I do that as my warm-up!
    I will be doing my first 5k in four years (and my very first with some running, I always just walked before), so hopefully that goes well.
    Knowing you are more fit is the best feeling!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Haha! I realise that this doesn't make me sound THAT fit! However I was impressed with it! I've never been a runner but I can see it now! :D
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got my mile run to under 12 minutes, first time in my life. Even in high school I couldn't do it in under 12. (I half blame my parents and the chain smoking for 18 years of my life though) as I dropped 4 minutes off my mile time in only 2 months of the gym 1-2 times a week.
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think you should be very proud of yourself! I am proud for you! I have been using an elliptical for about two weeks and just discovered last night I need to up the ante - I was not as winded or sweating as much as I had been. It was an ah ha moment for me!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! I get excited being able to run for 2 minutes at a time - I'm hoping to get to where you are in the next few weeks :)
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think that's a fantastic NSV! I love to run, but it's at a MUCH slower pace. lol
    I'd love to work my way up to 8 mph.
    Really well done, julianpoutram.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    That is great! My only NSV was fitting my butt back into a pair of my favorite pants I haven't been able to wear for four months yesterday.
  • joree2013
    Options
    Feels good to know that you're on the right track! Keep it up!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'd probably do 4 mph then fall over :wink:
    Oh yea my fitness nsv. I recently switched from modified push ups to regular push ups and can do a few sets of a few reps :smile:
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's probably one of the best things to know that your health is improving! I am really happy with my progress and I know I'm gonna get even closer to my goals very soon! :)
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I get it....that's a huge NSV! You should be so proud!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!