Water with Crystal Lite

Options
I like to drink water with a half a packet of crystal lite in it. I can not put the whole packet in it, it's to sweat. Is this a bad thing to add to my water or what?

Replies

• NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hope not! I use at least 5-6 a day as it's the only way I can drink enough water and satisfy my sweet tooth. I've been doing this for at least a year and haven't noticed any issues. I think drinking nearly two gallons of water each day has definitely contributed to me losing over 50 pounds in a year (along with diet, exercise and replacing the sodas with water).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I like to drink water with a half a packet of crystal lite in it. I can not put the whole packet in it, it's to sweat. Is this a bad thing to add to my water or what?

Yes, your body won't recognize it as water then and it can lead to you getting dehydrated
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Yes, your body won't recognize it as water then and it can lead to you getting dehydrated

I hope you're being sarcastic...
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4127

not as bad as it was made to be - especially in the amounts you're using.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

I hope you're being sarcastic...

lol
  • Mamajeans1973
    Options
    what your doing is fine, i have asked my Dr the same thing! its water, and as long as the crystal light isnt so high in sodium your fine. i dont know who the person is that said your body wont recognize it as water is but that is false information!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nah, each little packet has about 5 calories. I wouldn't worry too much about it :drinker:
    (my personal opinion)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The fact that this question gets ask over and over tends to bring out the sarcasm. Nothing wrong with adding things to you water if you don't mind the artificial sweeteners.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options

hmm nothing like good ol sweat LOL Bet that's pretty salty!

I do agree though that a full packet is pretty sweet. I have them occasional
  • feliligram
    Options
    i hope its okay. lol
    It's the only way for me to really drink water. :)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    LOL. It's fine to drink. Even my doctor said it's perfectly fine to do if you can't stomach plain water.
  • xtina
    xtina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Of course water without Crystal Lite is better, but if it is the only way for you to drink more water....go for it. I don't know if they have it where you are but they have the Crystal Lite with added fibre now! 3 grams a fibre per packet!
  • Naynayjones
    Naynayjones Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mio s made by Crystal Light and it has zero calories..so if you are counting calories, its a great alternative
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I am a Biologist, and to say that your body won't recognize the water in your body because you used crystal lite, is pretty entertaining!!

So, if you are stuck on a desert island, you will die from dehydration if you drink water with crystal lite???
    Yes, very entertaining indeed!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I also drink alot of it....I dilute it as well. :)
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try adding lemon, cucumber or orange slices to your water.
  • rissaloses
    rissaloses Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Wyler's, a cheaper brand. I keep packets in my desk at work, they really help me drink a lot more water. I use the single serve packers in 32 oz of water. 1 gallon = 40 calories. Not too shabby!
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Try Mio it is 0 calories. Wal mart brand is good too and it is cheaper. I don't drink plain water either
  • ohhman10
    Options
    I hate plain water...

I drink Crystal Light alllllll the time. Your good.