I am a proud mother.

Options
SerenaFisher
SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
I do not have a success story in weight loss so much in weight maintenance. I found out in May 2012 that I was pregnant with my second child. I was excited, and spent the following forty weeks as a pregnant woman watching the scale climb with every doctors visit. I had a lot of weight gain in the beginning of my pregnancy, and yes in the middle too, I saw the scale climb with each visit, and heard the disproving clicks of the nurses as they saw me gaining more than was approved of each month. One nurse even said word for word, "Someone's been making a lot of trips to the refrigerator this month"

However here I am, my daughter was born January 14th, 2013, she was 9lbs 2.2oz (and it was natural because the labor was too fast for ANY pain medication... I guess I can't complain though, it was fast!!!!) 3hours and 45minutes fast! Anyway she was born, and I feared the consequence of all the excessive weight gain I guess I must have had. I gained 35lbs (maybe a few more lbs) with my pregnancy, they prefer you to gain 25lbs.

However here I am now (my profile picture was taken today) and I am only 5lbs heavier than my pre pregnancy weight. So I am celebrating the success of maintaining my weight, and at least some of my muscle definition. I have a long road to recovery to be as strong as I was, but the weight is definitely not an issue. Also my daughter is beautiful, and perfect, and the nurse that took my weight can suck it. Proof that doctors can define the numbers they think are right, but can inherently be wrong. They were also wrong about her weight as well, I told them she was a big baby ^_^

here she is, Nola Jean
36518_10151379663655932_590147888_n.jpg

And here I am a week before she was born.
481290_10151364793400932_568256218_n.jpg

Replies

• Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on the birth of your gorgeous daughter Nola Jean.

Well done you on your weight post birth, and over the next few months as you know you should naturally drop some more lbs,

Enjoy your gorgeous little baby x. :)
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the childbirth and maintaning your weight. The most important thing is that you have a healthy baby and a few pounds can come off later.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the photos the first time I replied. You look great (befoire and after the baby) and your baby is beautiful.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    thank you. I am so happy she is here and she is perfect. She is already bigger than she was, they grow so fast :(
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Amazing. I gained 55 pounds with my pregnancy and I was overweight to begin with. I found it was very hard because I craved everything. I'm currently 10 pounds lighter then when I was pregnant. I had my baby girl In June 27 2012.

Amazing Job and I totally think this a success story, because you did well when most overeat because they are "eating for two"
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One nurse even said word for word, "Someone's been making a lot of trips to the refrigerator this month"

I have a long road to recovery to be as strong as I was, but the weight is definitely not an issue. Also my daughter is beautiful, and perfect, and the nurse that took my weight can suck it.

Sheesh when i read what the nurse said I was thinking maybe you gained like 50 pounds or something, but only 10 over? and a 9 lb+ baby? That nurse needs some manners lol. (even if you had that was way rude)

Your daughter is gorgeous for sure! And such a pretty name too! <3
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all fronts! I wish you and your now expanded family all the best.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Aw! You're both beautiful! Love the pregnancy pic, gorgeous, healthy mama!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your truely beautiful daughter :flowerforyou: - she looks so serene :-) You look stunning in your pre-birth photo - lovely baby bump, the rest of you looks trim and toned and not in any way fat.

I think sometimes nurses say stupid things (ex nurse here!) without thinking about the impact it has on the PERSON (ie forgetting it is a person they are talking to - not just a "patient").

You have obviously taken good care of yourself whilst growing a beautiful big baby. Nature will hold on and gather extra weight in the form of baby, placenta, extra blood volume, fluid, breasts, extra fat to tide you over the breastfeeding period etc. Just continue to eat healthily, ensure you drink plenty of fluids of you are breastfeeding and revel in your new baby :smile:
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would've been thrilled with only 35 pounds, I gained 52 pounds while pregnant! I convinced myself it would all come off when I gave birth. :laugh: Congrats to you!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Nola is beautiful and you look wonderful! You were gorgeous pregnant, too.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The audacity of that nurse!!

What matters is you gave your daughter a safe and healthy place to live and grow for 9 months. She is absolutely beautiful!

Focus on her and don't get yourself too worked up if the scale fluxuates over the next few weeks as you body 'recooperates' from being pregnant. You will have enough things to stress over between night-time feedings, sleeping when you have an extra 3 minutes, wondering if you brushed your teeth this week, remembering how many diapers were wet/dirty, when the last time you changed out of pajamas or showeres was, and making sure you have the happiest and healthiest baby in the whole wide world.

Great job momma!
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look great before and after! Everyone is different and don't let the nurses/doctors dictate to you about how your weight is coming on. I, too, have never had a problem with my weight. I'm at the end of my 3rd pregnancy and was "allowed" by OB's standard guidelines to gain in the 25-35lb range for my BMI for each pregnancy. I gained 39 with DS1 and 43 with DS2. I'm 7 weeks from delivery and sitting only at 24lbs for DD, so it's all relative. I take the weight off afterwards and can still wear a bikini. Each person has a different body and reacts to pregnancy and childbirth differently and it's okay to remind the nurses of that sometimes!
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    Congrats =)
  • lappy16
    lappy16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on looking AMAZING and your beautiful baby girl xx
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulation for your little angel and for the amazing figure!!!! She will be proud of you too when she grows up!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    Thank you for all the congrats, she was worth every minute of the process. Even now when she wakes me up every three hours lol.
    You will have enough things to stress over between night-time feedings, sleeping when you have an extra 3 minutes, wondering if you brushed your teeth this week, remembering how many diapers were wet/dirty, when the last time you changed out of pajamas or showered was, and making sure you have the happiest and healthiest baby in the whole wide world.

Great job momma!
    I have to say though when I saw this I laughed. I had forgotten with my first the endless nights, the lack of sleep, the quick shower if even manageable... I can safely say I have forgotten what sleep is, 2 hr or 3 hr naps (if I am lucky) are my life. Shower time? Yeah, if I don't want to sleep lol. Which reminds me, you reminded me to brush my teeth lol. Wow, and this is only week two! Mommy brain ^_^ but again all worth it. And again, thank you everyone.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You are right to be proud!! Congrats!:smile:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I gained 100 with my son. He was only 7 lbs. talk about disapproval from nurses...
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Gosh you looked amazing pregnant! And your new baby is so adorable, congratulations! Congrats to maintaining too!

I cannot believe that people actually were disapproving of the extra weight gain, my doctors said nothing with my 87 lb weight gain over my pregnancy... although I had an extra 7 lbs of fluid going through my body on top of what was normal (made my pregnancy a little more high risk).They should learn to be constructive and not criticizing, I mean noting that you made more trips to the fridge is not polite.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!