Did anyone else not taking a "before" picture?

Options
I'm 5"6', 22 years old, and let my depression get out of control a couple of years ago and allowed myself to blow up from the 140's to 167 pounds. That's the largest I've ever been. I finally picked up my life, fell in love, got married, and decided it was time to lose the weight. Well I am successfully down to 146 pounds (I'm trying to making it down to 120 pounds). I have no pictures to compare my weight loss to unfortunately because I was SO embarrassed to take a before picture. I was trying to avoid depressing myself and seeing how fat I really was. I didn't want to see the reality in a picture. Anyone else run into this problem?

Replies

• aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, I regret not taking a before picture. I didn't even think to do that...I just jumped right into eating better and working out. I started taking pictures about half way through, but definitely wish I would have right at the beginning!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any before pictures or measurements. I went into MFP with an open mind, but still thinking I would fail like I always did. And while now I am very happy to know how easy it really was and how successful I am, I regret not having that before info. I wasn't totally against pictures so I do have some right before I started MFP, but they don't show me the extent of how bad I looked under those baggy clothes so i can compare how much better I look now (or how really good I will look in another 6 months!).
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I DID take a before picture (actually had my husband do it. Explained to him, it isn't pleasant, but very necessary.). As horrid as it is to look at (I keep it on my cell phone), I am looking forward to seeing the after! Will post both when I reach goal!
  • Hpliza529
    Hpliza529 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did not take a before picture but I also haven't lost a ton of weight yet either. Last year, I lost a total of 30lbs (for my size, that's not really a significant amount). As of now, I don't regret not taking a picture. What would I do with it? Being this size is not something I'm proud of and I certainly wouldn't carry the picture around to show people. Once I lost the weight, it could be a good reminder not to gain it back but I probably wouldn't keep the picture anyway.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have none, but my faithful ( :huh: ) friends do.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have pictures but nothing like revealing like a bathing suit. I have the pictures with my family and I can see the weight. Am I happy with them? No but nor am I going to regret not having the revealing pictures either to tell the tale. I know the story and I want to see the end not the beginning. We all have to start somewhere and some like to have the reminders of what was. I actually look forward to what WILL be. Just my thoughts....
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with depression for many years. But I was SO determined to ditch this weight (and after seeing all the before/after pics here), I bit the bullet and took some. One set is in with my pics here...the other set is on my computer because its in underwear and I didn't want to offend anyone.
  • maryloucash1961
    Options
    I have before pix when I did metabolic, found it in a album. not sure how to xfere, but I can feel the difference in my favorite jeans.so I'll use that as my guide. then I'll post an after pix
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wish I took one!!