Working out in your home!

Options
I'm going to start doing the 30day shred. Day 1. Not sure what to think about I'm kind of scared. I hope I can do this. I also have the shape up DVD for the Exbox360. Think I might do that also. Does anyone have some pointers?

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've never done any workout DVDs, but I can speak to working out at home. It's nice, there's no one around to judge you, lol. Especially if you sweat a lot - you're in your living room, just work out in your underwear. Makes for less laundry.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Talk/Yell back at Jillian. It helps.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I will push myself . Like I did in the gym
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred and I like it. She's much nicer than she is on the biggest loser, and you do see results. I couldn't do the first workout without pausing or doing the easier versions at first, but if you keep at it then you do find that you can do more than you could at the beginning. It's only 25 mins but it's intense and you really feel it after. I didn't find her cool down really helped me so I would recommend doing extra stretches after but I liked the workout and would do it again :) Good luck!
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have really heavy duty bands, Tower 200 & some dumbbells. They will give any strong guy a good workout, however every now and then, I'll stop by Golds gym and really tear it up to confuse the muscles.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out at the gym and at home. I just make sure I close my door and let the boyfriend and kid know to not bother me. I feel just as motivated at either place, well maybe at the gym, I feel a tad more :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared of JM. I do her workouts all the time. My advice -- get yourself a HRM and wear it. Ignore what she says about not stopping. I stop whenever my heart rate gets too high. Get yourself 3-4 DVDs and alternate them. That way you won't get bored. Some are longer than others. I started with 30 Day Shred, which is a good intro to Jillian. I also like Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 pack. No More Trouble Zones is longer than the others, so I do that when I have time or need a longer workout. The cardio is more intense on some than others.

Just take it slow. No need to rush. I stay on the same level until I have done it for 10 days, not necessarily consecutive. I work out every other day, which works fine for me. I am 59 and after doing this for 2 years, I am within a couple of pounds of my ultimate weight goal of 138.

Feel free to friend me if you would like additional support. But if you do so, please send me a message referencing your thread.

Good luck!