To many Carbs?

Options
Im always over my carbs for the day, I eat good carbs but wondering if I should be concerned and what could I eat to avoid so many carbs. Help please.:sad:

Replies

• sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    As long as they're good carbs (coming from veggies and whole grains, not from flour or sugar products), I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't know what your goals are set at, but an optimum diet is actually 50-60% carbs (that is 50-60% of your total calories). Again, GOOD carbs and not junk carbs. But, check your goals and make sure you don't have it set too low to begin with. (The rest of an optimum diet is 30% fat (healthy fats: nuts, avocados, olive oil, etc) and 10-20% protein, in case you were wondering).
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peak at your diary... let the bread go sista!! :laugh:
    I went gluten free (by force) about 7 months ago. Bread is a HUGE offender for carbs and even whole grain bread isn't THAT healthy. not to preach but take a look at your food diary. you had over 50g of carbs from bread alone. I'm just saying. If you're worried about not feeling full sub even higher fiber items like leafy greens and beans. (more bang for your buck). It's an idea anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    going over every now and then,is not going to make a difference. for the most part it does look like the carbs you are eating are good choices. if you are really concerned about it, you can switch to a low carb yogurt, and switch to a lower carb bread, sara lee makes one that has 14 carbs for two slices and wonder makes one with 18 carbs for 2 slices. but honestly i think you''ll be fine because it doesn't appear to me that this happens a lot with you.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Good point, Msbanana, I didn't think to see if the diary was open. I went and looked too and I agree with Msbanana, the breads, muffins, and pasta are your biggest offenders (meaning they're packing in the carbs with very little food actually going with it). These aren't horrible to eat, but you might want to look at reducing the intake of these sorts of carbs (they are all made from flour --even a whole grain bread is actually mostly flour) to only one a day. The rest of your carbs look good. Increase those, but decrease the flour products.