I need to cut carbs

I am going over my carb limit fairly easily. I think its the sugar in my coffee... Im thinking stivia, but mine wont be producing for a few more weeks... what are other ways to cut carbs until then. (I dont want to buy what I will have for free)

Replies

• chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    how many carbs do you have per day
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    I am going over my carb limit fairly easily. I think its the sugar in my coffee... Im thinking stivia, but mine wont be producing for a few more weeks... what are other ways to cut carbs until then. (I dont want to buy what I will have for free)

Unless you are drinking enough coffee to keep you awake for days or having enough sugar so that the spoon stands up I doubt it is solely responsible for your carb intake. Track your food on MFP and it should be clear where the carbs are coming from.
  • msbonniemarie
    msbonniemarie Posts: 14 Member
    Looks like a lot is coming from fruits... bananas and oranges... and the sugar in my coffee. Also, pasta... is there a low carb pasta that taste good?
  • karimah_jamila
    karimah_jamila Posts: 16 Member
    Looks like a lot is coming from fruits... bananas and oranges... and the sugar in my coffee. Also, pasta... is there a low carb pasta that taste good?

I believe Spaghetti squash is a good alternative for pasta, low in carbs.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    We can't see your diary so therefore we do not know what you consider to be "high" or "a lot". What is your average intake? What is your calorie goal?
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member

So eat more berries, red and black currants, rhubarb, grapefruit - oranges are not that high in sugar per 100g. You could have nine servings of fruit and veggies for the amount of carbs in one banana. For most people it's getting their hear around dropping starchy foods like pasta and replacing them with non starchy vegetables that changes the macro split of their diet the most, some simply work on portion control. Eating fake foods is not changing your eating habits or attitudes.
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Keep in mind, if most are coming from fruits, it's not so bad; those are good carbs. And they come with so many other great things. Don't reduce the fruit you eat.
    For pasta, bread, etc. try to go for whole grains instead of heavily processed. They tend to be a bit lower in carbs as well (though not always by much)
    Like the other user said, spaghetti squash is pretty awesome with some sauce on top. I know zucchini pasta is becoming super popular as well (something I've been itching to try).
    And then of course eat less; I find it helps if I have salad or something. I'm less likely to have a lot of pasta if I'm eating a salad as well.