Tummy tucks... show me your scar!

Options
valleemic
valleemic Posts: 103 Member
I have always wondered what a tummy tuck scar looks like and if it's better or worse than having the loose skin. Anyone want to post their pics?

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm curious too!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I found a lot of great info, personal experiences and photos at realself.com

I am considering it...but trying to hit my goal weight before the final decision. :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    All the pics I've seen...the scar looks much better than the skin :-) No personal experience though!
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you been to RonisWeigh.com? She has pics of her tummy tuck under "photos".
  • gobsmacker
    Options
    Also, you may want to type in "tummy tuck before and after" on YouTube. There are a bunch of really great videos and a lot of helpful info
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I worked with someone who had a full tummy tuck, augmentation and lipo.

The tummy scar goes from one hip bone to the other, and curves, like a big smile. It definitely looked better than her saggy belly. New belly button, and they even took a tattoo that she had on her side abdomen.

She had a lot of complications like infections and had to go back to get something fixed. She said she would do it again, even with the infections.
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    I'll post mine as soon as my kids are taking a nap!

Here they are, the first pics are about 6 weeks after the surgery, the bottom pics were taken today, nearly a year later.
    2lcxqc5.jpg
    2e3rg54.jpg
    2ugouhu.jpg
    bgurk0.jpg
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    Sorry for the massive pictures, and the horrible lighting. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but my scar is actually a lot lighter now and should keep lightening over the next year. Recovery is a *****, but I would do it again. I lost all of my weight before getting it done and I recommend doing the same thing, it would suck to have the surgery done just to end up with more flabby skin. I actually had mine done because of the separation in my abs, but getting rid of all the loose skin from two pregnancies back to back was an awesome side bonus.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost 125lb lost all my weight, had a full body lift, 9 years later gained 80lb back, but my tummy still looks great, and hardly any of the weight was gained back in that area as, with the body lift, they pulled my skin around from my back, I know gross, but 9 years later, and it still looks great, hardly see any scars, can take a pic if you would like to see:)
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Also, not only do you get the better looking tummy, but they put all the ripped tissues back together and tighten your abs, I never new I had such good abs and even 8 years later, they are still strong:)
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In my experience and I considered it in 2010 when I got to goal weight before the Prednisone bit me and I got fat, I thought it would be good because I had a fair amount of loose skin from childbearing. However, it is very invasive and you can get infections. I would say that if a person had over 75 to 100 or more to lose they would consider it because it looks unsightly when you have all your weight off and that skin sagging down to your legs. It is expensive, and their are scars but if that person worked that hard to lose and maintain, they deserve to be able to wear the proper size clothing which the extra skin would prevent them from doing.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump! :)
  • aprilgrainger
    Options
    im not sure how to post the picture
  • aprilgrainger
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago.Im very happy.I have a scar up and down as well as hip to hip.I had so much loose skin they had to do a pie like cut.Im not a big person but had large babies.My biggest regret is I lost the weight required.i was 148 and got down to 135.A year later I was turned onto paleo.I now weigh 123.6. I should have lost all that I wanted first because there is a small amount of skin over my scar line.Over all I love it.Im 40 and rock a 2 piece for the 1st time since I was 18 (the birth of my 9lb 4 oz baby girl)
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    wow, so brave to have gastric and then another big surgery. Kudos to you all. stay well.:flowerforyou:
  • aprilgrainger
    Options
    don't know how to add the picture?
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It's easier to copy photos from photobucket. Just add
    [ i m g ] the direct link [ / i m g ]

But together. Everytime I put this next to each other, it disappears!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1041112-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-tutorial-with-pics
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I had a tummy tuck done 5 1/2 years ago and although the scar is from hip to hip, it does start to fade with time. Mine is not that noticeable anymore, eventhough it did stretch out a little since I had a baby 2 years after my surgery, my tummy went back in place as if I never had a baby and the scar appearance is minimal. Best decision I have ever made for myself in terms of cosmetic issues.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!