new to MFP, already 3 weeks in and lost 8 lbs!!!

Options
I'm 26 y/o and have two children. I do not remember a time after the age of 15 that i was ever really skinny, I have always had curves even as a child. At 15 I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis, a disease in which my body thinks my thyroid is foreign body and attacks it. My weight has gone up and down ever since then. my max i have ever been was 220 lbs shortly before my marriage ended. However after my divorce my weight has gone up and down since then due to stress and working multiple jobs at a time, My lowest was around 175 that I have gotten down to. Mostly i lost that weight because i was broke working 2 manual labor jobs and rarely ever ate anything unless i needed to and usually it was a sandwich, beef jerky or ramen noodles when i splurged!

Last year i met the man i love, so similar in personality and past experiences, not to mention funny and caring. When I first met him I was working two jobs and didn't have time to date at all. He found a way to see me everyday, he knew i rarely ate and he would stop by every day with something from a take out place and bring it to me to eat. Needless to say, it worked. I fell in love and he is sooo supportive of my decision to loose the takeout food weight he helped put on !, when i joined the gym, he joined the very same evening to jump on the wagon too!! Now we have , what i call gym dates! Now i work one job at Comfort Experts, a heating and air company, only downside is I work at a desk and am not moving and lifting as much as I used too. so that added on even more weight!!!. i started MFP at the beginning of the new year at 216 lbs, so far i have lost dramatically just logging everything!! My first goal is to get to my pre relationship weight at 175 then eventually 150 and final goal is down to 130, my recommenced weight for being 5"4'in. With the help of MFP, I hope to hit my goal by next year and halfway goal by summer!!!

Replies

• moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need friends on here to keep in check!!! i know no one on here but i recommended it to everyone i know!! i Never add anyone with permission first, as a show of respect....
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I need friends on here to keep in check!!! i know no one on here but i recommended it to everyone i know!! i Never add anyone with permission first, as a show of respect....

You can add me!! It's really good to have many friends on here for support and motivation! =)
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 y/o and have two children. I do not remember a time after the age of 15 that i was ever really skinny, I have always had curves even as a child. At 15 I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis, a disease in which my body thinks my thyroid is foreign body and attacks it. My weight has gone up and down ever since then. my max i have ever been was 220 lbs shortly before my marriage ended. However after my divorce my weight has gone up and down since then due to stress and working multiple jobs at a time, My lowest was around 175 that I have gotten down to. Mostly i lost that weight because i was broke working 2 manual labor jobs and rarely ever ate anything unless i needed to and usually it was a sandwich, beef jerky or ramen noodles when i splurged!

Last year i met the man i love, so similar in personality and past experiences, not to mention funny and caring. When I first met him I was working two jobs and didn't have time to date at all. He found a way to see me everyday, he knew i rarely ate and he would stop by every day with something from a take out place and bring it to me to eat. Needless to say, it worked. I fell in love and he is sooo supportive of my decision to loose the takeout food weight he helped put on !, when i joined the gym, he joined the very same evening to jump on the wagon too!! Now we have , what i call gym dates! Now i work one job at Comfort Experts, a heating and air company, only downside is I work at a desk and am not moving and lifting as much as I used too. so that added on even more weight!!!. i started MFP at the beginning of the new year at 216 lbs, so far i have lost dramatically just logging everything!! My first goal is to get to my pre relationship weight at 175 then eventually 150 and final goal is down to 130, my recommenced weight for being 5"4'in. With the help of MFP, I hope to hit my goal by next year and halfway goal by summer!!!

Congrats on your 8lbs loss! That is so exciting. Keep it up!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have just been on here logging for about 3 weeks myself. I am down 12.2 lbs! This site is amazing. You can add me if you like. Friends are always nice to have! Good luck to you and congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • drVida702
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • sunshinesoprano
    sunshinesoprano Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! MFP has helped me so very much. Keep on keeping on!
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Your story sounds very familiar to mine, the only difference is I'm 41 not 26.

I found out at xmas by chance that I was the heaviest I'd ever been(222lbs)....went for a visit to the nurse who decided she'd never met me so would do a full workout. Ended up being told my new weight, aaaggghh, blood pressure is through the roof and my cholestrol is high.

The reason for all the above, is i think, my new partner. When I met him, I'd been on my own for 2 years and had been through a hellish divorce, allbeit i lost 41lbs and was at my lowest weight of 180lbs, but it was not a healthy way of losing. As with you stress, running around after my two kids and generaly everything else made the weight fall off.

My new partner and I love to cook, try out new recipes, we very rarely eat junk food but we do eat. I also found that I can bake, cheesecakes at weekends, not a good thing. We also love wine!!!

In general, my new found happiness is fabulous and I love feeling this way but not so much the weight gain.

Needless to say, I found the mfp site in january and this is my 2nd week after losing 2.7kg(6lbs)....my partner is so supportive and is also trying to cut back...I've given myself a year to get rid of this extra weight.

Hope your journey will be as good as mine xx
  • Honeybea86
    Options
    Feel free to add me our stories are similar. I'm 26 with two little girls was married and with my divorce my weight went haywire. I'm now dating a wonderful man who helped me put on some weight with all of our dates. When I decided to get healthy he has been supportive ever since.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am new here to found it about a week ago in my quest to loose weight and have a way to help I have lost 4 pounds, over a year ago i lost 40 gained some back and now i am back on track to get to my original goal of 60 pounds i am ok with anyone adding me who needs some words of encouragement or a helping hand at any point
  • Wwonderful
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far! You can add me.
  • 50blueladybug
    50blueladybug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your relationship with your guy. He sounds very supportive. I just started MFP today. I am hoping with the support of the MFP community that I too can become a healthier person. Congrats again!
  • moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I read all the stories on here and you all are so inspirational!!!