I need something new but stilll cheap

Options
Hey guys im a college student and im trying to stay healthy, but at the same time i have a budget and cant always keep everything healthy in the house. Dont get me wrong i have food in the house but some of it is unhealthy from the roomates and im just so tired of baked chicken with bbq sauce and green beans or oatmeal while they have oreos and chips and dip....i can say that im proud of myself though. I haven't ate fast food in at least 3 months and have been cooking at home, but im running out of ideas for cheap healthy foods.....can anyone help before i go off the deep end!?

Replies

• melishhha
    melishhha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's definitely harder to eat healthy on a budget. Check out local grocery stores' coupons and plan your shopping based on when fruits and veggies will come on sale. Check the frozen isles and the fresh produce, and resort to canned goods for really good deals when they come on sale.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My favorite cheap healthy foods are:

eggs
    brown rice
    beans
    lentils
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    budgetbytes might be a good website to start !
  • robind200
    robind200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I do has saved me a ton of money at the grocery store. Each week I spend time researching receipes on the internet. I usually pick at least 3 and shop for only the stuff I need and then add in some extra like bread, milk, fruit etc. The recipes are enough for at least two meals plus some lunch. I also buy a turkey breast each week and bake it. That serves as my lunch meat and also some dinner.
  • Alliewe
    Alliewe Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas and help!! :)