Newbie from Calgary, Canada saying hello!!

Options
Hey folks, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I'm Katie, 20 years old, and this is my first day on this site. Originally from England, now from Canada, would lose to meet some people of here to keep the motivation a'flowin!! Feel free to add me as a friend, could really use some support :)

Replies

• TheBoyEnigma
    TheBoyEnigma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm 20 and I'm from England, and I'll be studying abroad for a year in Canada (Western Ontario) in the next academic year.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Calgary is one of my all time favorite cities! Lucky you!
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I work in Calgary and live just oustide of the city in Cochrane. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • WilmaChris
    Options
    I'm Canadian, (BC) add me

:)
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey! NW Calgary here!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    I am from Calgary, please feel free to add me :)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm from Edmonton,AB but welcome to the site!:smile:
  • Keeda
    Keeda Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in SE Calgary and I love making new friends! Anyone is welcome to send a friend request.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to MFP! I'm sure you'll find heaps of great, supportive people on here working their way to their goals too.

I'm on California, have 2 little kids (3 1/2 & 1) and have been on MFP since June. In that time my friends here have helped me lose 40kgs. Add me if you like.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome...

I am in Calgary too. Feel free to add me, and any one else.

I've been at this a while, but can always use the friends.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, Welcome!!!
    Great to hear that you're on the path to leading a healthier lifestyle by doing it the healthy way
    It really does get tiring after trying everything and to have nothing work frankly it's quite frustrating

Let's make it a great journey :)

Good Luck!!!
  • hreu213
    Options
    Hi! :D
    I live in New Zealand, so quite a distance away, but would absolutely love to have some friends on here as support and motivation! Feel free to add me! Or let me know if it's okay to add you :)
  • sensitivegirl
    sensitivegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello from Calgary! Happy New Year everyone! I just took a closer look at the tools in MFP and found the message board. What a great idea... let's motivate each other!
  • NBass09
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    SW Calgary here, I'm new to the city and looking to explore some good hiking places :)
    I'm also thinking about getting a membership at Goodlife, anyone recommend that over World Health or better gyms I should look into?
    Thanks and let's keep each other motivated :)
  • FuzzySkittles
    FuzzySkittles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am from Calgary too. Trying this site out again...I was on it once before but lost all motivation. I have been away from the gym for about 3 months now due to 2 stomach tears that I had (from my initial appointment with a personal trainer). The Dr. said to take it easy.

Just looking for some new friends or online motivation (cause I really need it!!) I have all the motivation in my mind, but then my comfy pajamas and couch quite easily take over!
  • kznovo
    kznovo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Calgary too. Looking for some motivation as well!

I started MPF a while ago pre-wedding and now I am back after gaining it all back :(

Feel free to add me!
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A big HELLOOO from the very VERY cold province of Québec! (-38 here today) :wink:
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am in Calgary too in the NE :)
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm your neighbour to the north. Add me if you can handle some friendly rivalry and great support!
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not from Calgary but I am Canadian. Add me if you'd like.