Found a solution for drinking more water......

Options
If you're anything like me, I hate water. I don't like it with lemon and I don't like flavored waters because they have too much artificial sweetners in them. Yuck!

Someone gave me a tip to buy extract from a cake supply store. They have every flavor you can imagine. I chose peppermint, tried it and it still was missing something. So I purchased a 64oz. jug filled it with water added the peppermint oil extract and 1 tbsp of sugar. Wow, I drank a whole 64oz jug of water in a day. For me that's amazing because my whole life I was lucky if I would even drink 8 oz. in a day.

I know 1 tbsp of sugar is not good, but it works for me. And for all of you who can stomach artificial sweetners like, equal, splenda, stevia and sweet n low, this is a great recipe for some yummy water! I think I'm going to try almond or hazelnut next month. The little bottle of extract is so powerful you only need a drop or two for 64oz. of water. Give it try, it's kinda fun!

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hm... 1 tbsp sugar in 64 oz of water doesn't sound too bad to me... good tip, I'll have to try it myself!
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    Don't think I would like Peppermint.. what other flavors do they have..I think I may like hazzelnut since I like it with my coffee... Where did you go to get it?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I usually put a splash of juice into the bottom of my water bottle. I like your idea, though...
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • «lindsay»
    Options
    I am a Mint Addict: peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen, cinnamon, cloves... I will def be tryin' this. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't think I would like Peppermint.. what other flavors do they have..I think I may like hazzelnut since I like it with my coffee... Where did you go to get it?

They have cherry, rasberry, strawberry, apple, blueberry, orange........actually any flavor you can think of. Any baker's suppy house or cake supply store has them. One little bottle of extract will probably last you a month and it only costs under $3.00.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    That's pretty cool! Just so you know, Stevia's not an artificial sweetener though. It's an herb. You can grow it yourself and crumble the dried leaves in things you want to sweeten. Does it bother your stomach too?
  • bailybubble
    bailybubble Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    brilliant - I hate water, will defo be trying this out
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Great idea!

Have you tried Stevia??? It is a 'natural' sugar, no calories and and excellent sweetener. I am a hard core flavored coffee cream addict and I actually can do skim milk and stevia now! I put 6-8 drops in my coffee or tea and it really makes the difference in appeal!!!

It is a little expensive but lasts awhile - I haven't purchased any yet, still working on the sample bottle given to me by a friend!

OOPS - guess I should have read the entire blog before posting -just realized Stevia was mentioned earlier . . . oh well.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    way to work around your tastes !

its always better to find the foods (drinks) you enjoy that are ALSO good fuel for your body
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I usually put a splash of juice into the bottom of my water bottle. I like your idea, though...

Why didn't I think of this!! I used to do it when my kids were babies and they transitioned from water to juice. I'm going to try this only because I've never seen a cake supply store where I live in Miami and I don't care for peppermint LOL
  • red3367
    red3367 Posts: 11
    Options
    Good idea!