Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I'm in the market for a HRM. Can anyone suggest a certain brand name HRM? Thank you.

Replies

• Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT4 and I love it. Super easy!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Second this.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I have the New Balance Duo Sport and I like it. Does exactly what I need it to do, and got it on sale.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wahoo that interfaces directly with my iphone. I love it because it was cheaper than buying a HRM. The Wahoo only cost around $80. I donwloaded their app and it can display your heartrate in a number of ways. I display my heartrate and the amount of time I spend in each "zone" (aerobic, anaerobic, fat burning, etc). I have been very happy with it.
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7. I've heard nothing but amazing things about both the FT7 and FT4
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Third this. Reasonably priced, and does a great job.
  • mndtowka
    Options
    Polar Ft7 Love it.
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 - love it. Easy to use and program.
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    Thank you for all the great input! I'm going to go with the Polar brand. :smile: :smile:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and love it. The website Heartratemonitorsusa.com will compare features of each unit.
  • dukeninja
    dukeninja Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft7 Love it.

I concur- have been using my FT7 for 5 months and love it!
  • Ariel52
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and would highly recommend it. Just some thoughts... 1) look for one with a strap so that you have a continuous heart rate reading and 2) look for one where you can easily replace the batteries yourself.
  • jhyde78
    jhyde78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to track my calories burned without a hrm? I dont have one yet, and cant log my excercises without knowing calories burned. Help please?